Can i upgrade my clutch and flywheel with this kit?

leet8845

Like everything if its too cheap there is normally a catch. This a cheap Far East manufactured kit which is half the price of a known good quality kit. I have never heard of XTD clutches but it looks cheap and will have a poor quality bearing for sure which will cause problems sooner or later.

You will have to pay import duty and VAT which will add to the cost and you will have no UK back up if something goes wrong.

We can supply a number of clutch options and can advice on what would be best for you as well as supplying the other parts that can be needed when changing the clutch. Feel free to get in touch or speak to one of the other traders on here who can also advice you.

I'm sure some fellow members will be along with some impartial advice on what they are using :)

• Like 1

My friends got one of these in his boosted honda and its sweeet but get it from xtd directly as the ebay ones are known to be copies. They use these alot in america. I had a chat with a us dealer and he said they use them in their drag racing cars.

Thanks for the replies.

So if it was genuine, it would be ok? From what Bradders said plus I have Googled XTD clutches and looking at his feedback too, there seems to plenty of great feedback on these. He has 100% positive and looking through the pages it's nothing but performance cars so I doubt it's fakes. I have sent him a message and will get him to prove they're the genuine product.

Was also looking at this, is LUK any good?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NISSAN-350Z-CLUTCH-KIT-WITH-LUK-DUAL-MASS-FLYWHEEL-/371036943838?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item56638675de

• Like 1

LUK is a standard aftermarket parts company and is perfectly respectable for quality if you don't want OEM.

But this LUK clutch kit is a standard replacement and not the same as the XTD one which is supposedly a' racing' spec.

Listen to Clake Motorsport and ask them for a price first. You will always get good quality there so for the cost of a call or a PM message why not?

Finally, if changing the clutch get the crank bearing too. Sorry can't remember its proper name, its the one in the end of the crank that the gearbox shaft fits in to (pilot/spigot??).

Edited by Toon Chris
  • Like 1

i bought from these people flywheel and pressure plate no import duty fast delivery no problems good quality but bought a good quality branded disc from elsewhere as the quality of their discs is debatable as Bradders says change the bearing even if it seems fine it's a false economy to reuse the old one

• Like 1

Thanks guys,

Definitely worth changing it if thats the case.

Is this the right bearing? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Z33-350Z-VQ35DE-Clutch-Crank-Spigot-Bearing-Conceptua-/131174067114?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1e8a956baa

Does that add any labour to the job?

I read on here that it should take about 5 hours for a garage. Is this right?

i bought from these people flywheel and pressure plate no import duty fast delivery no problems good quality but bought a good quality branded disc from elsewhere as the quality of their discs is debatable as Bradders says change the bearing even if it seems fine it's a false economy to reuse the old one

They must be genuine then. It's whether I want to risk the disc or not. I'll see how much Motorsports quotes me, I pm'ed him. At least I know LUK is ok if I can't afford to upgrade.

Thanks for the help guys. I'm steering clear of the XTD. I don't think I will bother with a lightened flywheel because of the noise it can make.

whats better about it? These ones you are looking at are cheap rubbish imo and nowhere near classed as reliable upgrades.

I hear what you're saying. I'm not rushing into buying stuff though. I'm just asking questions. The only thing better about my clutch in the RX8 was that it was new. Before it was replaced it, I didn't like it as much. I just like the feeling of a new clutch in any car. The current would last me another 2-3 years with my mileage, so I might as well change it now and enjoy the car that little bit more throughout my ownership.

I think I'm going for a Exedy Organic Clutch kit with a LUK flywheel. I'll be sure to replace the spigot bearing too. Is this ok for the that? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Z33-350Z-VQ35DE-Clutch-Crank-Spigot-Bearing-Conceptua-/131174067114?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1e8a956baa

Thanks for the help guys. I'm steering clear of the XTD. I don't think I will bother with a lightened flywheel because of the noise it can make.

whats better about it? These ones you are looking at are cheap rubbish imo and nowhere near classed as reliable upgrades.

I hear what you're saying. I'm not rushing into buying stuff though. I'm just asking questions. The only thing better about my clutch in the RX8 was that it was new. Before it was replaced it, I didn't like it as much. I just like the feeling of a new clutch in any car. The current would last me another 2-3 years with my mileage, so I might as well change it now and enjoy the car that little bit more throughout my ownership.

I think I'm going for a Exedy Organic Clutch kit with a LUK flywheel. I'll be sure to replace the spigot bearing too. Is this ok for the that? http://www.ebay.co.u...=item1e8a956baa

doubt if you'll have to change the spigot bearing the clutch release bearing is the one you really want to change

Its always a good idea to replace the spigot bearing and any quality kit comes with one, its very easy to change. You are correct though that the release bearing is more important, whats also important is you use a Japanese made bearing such as NTN which is what Nissan and any quality kit will supply.

Cheap bearings will give you problems in the future.

Thanks. I might as well. They're not great in a RX8 either. Shall I fit a SS clutch hose too? Is a blueprint slave cylinder upto the job? I know they're not the best brand but some of their stuff is ok.

Edited by leet8845