Standard exhaust- weigh in or sell?

Daryl

As tittle really, still having a clear out of the garage, and have still got the original exhaust, back box, mid section and Y pipe. (in good condition). Just wondering, that it all weighs a fair bit, and whether its worth just taking it to the scrap yard, along with a busted Y pipe i have and getting some cash for it all.

Good idea to sell it on here, for postage you can use parcel2go.com. Just measure it, weight on the bathroom scales or guess against bags of sugar.

Its very easy to do. There's often someone reverting to standard to sell.

Daryl, if you're not stuck for space (yes i know you're cleaning your garage out) I'd be inclined to do as Mack says and keep hold of it as there is always someone looking to revert back to stock prior to selling, it might get you a few quid or part payment to something that you want. But, if space is at a premium I'd either put it on fleabay or offer it to someone for free on this site as long as they collect. Or give it a couple of weeks then scrap it.

It amazes me these sell so cheap.

I'd rather have the standard exhaust than many aftermarket ones.

I've seen some old, beat up aftermarket exhausts on here for crazy money because they cost x amount new.

The standard exhaust is expensive new isn't it?

I would guess upwards of £700 atleast for a y pipe mid and rear section

I agree the standard exhaust is very nice sound especially compared to some of the cheap aftermarket items.

I'm hopefully going to fit a Cobra back box to mine, but keep the mid section. :thumbs: