RENEWAL: Cheap or expensive?

Adrian@TORQEN

Just had the renewal done today. Currently insured with Prestige Cars Insurance, part of the "The A&A Group" - http://www.taagl.co.uk

The Underwriter is Mulsanne Private Car Insurance - http://www.mulsanneinsurance.com

6 years NCB, no claims, Full UK Driving License for 8 years, 1xSP30 in 2012 (3 points + £60 fine), all mods declared as bellow:

1. BODY

- Full Amuse body kit in perlescent white - front bumper, skirts, rear wing with carbon insert

- Customised RT-Performance Carbon Fiber bonnet with hinges

- Customised RT-Performance front wings

- Nismo 370z 19" wheels powdercoated in black

- Custom black Nismo wheel caps powdercoated in black

- Akebono Red Calipers

- Project Kiks R40 lug nuts

2. SUSPENSION

- KW V3 Coilovers

- SPL Front Camber arms

- SPL Rear traction links

- SPL Eccentric Locking bolt kit

- SPL Rear mid links

- SPL Front drop links

- SPL Rear drop links

- GT Spec rear brace

- Custom 2.5" Springs for rear mid links

- Eibach Front and Rear Anti Roll bars

3. PERFORMANCE

- Ferodo DS2500 all round pads

- HEL Stainless Steel brake lines

- GT-R R35 spark plugs

- Mishimoto Oil Cooler kit

- Z1 upgraded boot struts

- Z1 custom red hoses silicone kit

- Stillen Gearbook Oil cooler

- Custom Stainless Steel coolant reservoir

- Nismo Oil filler cap

- GReddy Twin Turbo kit

- GTM RaceLogic Traction Controller

- GReddy ProFec Electronic Boost Controller

- Stillen Grounding kit

- Walbro 485 Fuel Pump

- Interior Dynamic 1000cc injectors

- CJM Stage 1 Fuel Return System

- CJM custom red anodised Fuel Rails

4. EXHAUST

- Full Amuse Titanium RS exhaust system including Y pipe

5. INTERIOR

- 40th Aniverssary Edition red seats

- Custom 2 leather type door cards in red

- Nismo Red stiches knee pads

- GT-R custom red and black gear knob

- NavTool v2 with Rear view camera

- Updated 2013 SatNav maps / disc

- Interior white LED lights

6. SECURITY

- BlackVue Dual camera - DR550GW + Power Magic

The quote came back to:

£550.00 - Car insurance premium

£50.00 - Policy arrangement fee

£29.95 - Additional Covers sub total

-----

£629.95

Also purchased 100% protection of the Policy Excess of £700 for £64.95, so basically no voluntary excess fee, no compulsory excess fee.

Total paid £695.90

Only called Bridle Insurance and they said this quote I had was insanely cheap so I should go ahead which I did :lol:

So what do you think, expensive or cheap? :)

Edited by octet

You sure on that last bit? Can't see any reference to that in the policy wording on their website.

Yes, been placed on hold several times for the sales guy to check and double check on this, I've been advised about the following extras:

1. In case of claim, fault or non-fault, the insurance will cover: current market price of the car + current value of the mods

2. non-fault claim: courtesy car provided

3. comprehensive cover in Europe for up to 60 days

4. fault claim: excess fee will be deducted, but separate claim for the excess fee and I should have it all returned. allowed only once per year

Also they don't specifically exclude track days, so actually it looks like you are covered ;)

http://www.mulsanneinsurance.com/assets/docs/Mulsanne%20PC%20policy%20010711.pdf

GENERAL EXCLUSIONS

The General Exclusions apply to the whole of this insurance policy, and apply in addition to “What is not

covered†within each policy section. Your insurance does NOT cover the following:

6. Competition and performance driving Any accident, injury, loss, damage or liability arising while your motor vehicle is being used for racing, rallying, speed testing, competitions, speed trials, or when driven on a motor sport circuit, race track or de-restricted toll road (including Nürburgring).

Edited by octet

Current value of the mods isn't like for like.

For example, your turbo kit may have cost you £10k, but on the second hand market it's only worth £5k. As such, if you write the car off you're only getting £5k back. All figures for illustrative purposes only. At least, that's how it reads to me, IANAL etc.

Given the value and work that's gone into your car, would you not be better off with a guaranteed value policy?

Will have to get stuff in writing to see exact terms, he promissed to confirm by email today but hasn't happen, will email again to remind him.

We have an agreed value of £18.000 for the car plus extra value for the mods. All combined must be close to £50.000 :lol:

Just got confirmation about the mods.

Hi Mr Cherciu

I can confirm that all of the modifications have been accepted on your policy and your policy has gone on cover fine.

Sorry for the late reply.

Regards

Charles Paynter-Smith

Renewals Agent

The A & A Group Ltd.

Web: www.taagl.com

Please consider the environment before printing this Email

This email is confidential. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender. You should not copy it, retransmit it, use or disclose its contents to anyone and immediately delete it from your system. The opinions of the sender do not necessarily reflect the opinions of The A & A Group Ltd.

The A & A Group Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

Registered office: Garrick House, 161 High Street, Hampton Hill, Middlesex, TW12 1NG. Registration number: 3578103.

That's not confirming anything though, is it? Just that they will insure your car with the mods on, not that they are covered like for like.

That said, I don't know what you asked them so I'm sure you've got it all covered, you're not as daft as you look matey :thumbs:;)