Help me get myself out of this corner!

The Seasider

There's a certain comedy value in my tale of woe, but I could do with some help in coming out of it with a point!

I did search all 21 pages first but no one had been quite as stupid as me up to now!

I have collected 2 sets of new tyres for my zeds over the last few weeks - unfortunately, as a consequence of misnoting the tyre sizes or more accurately noting down the sizes from a completely different car - I've finished up with 2 sets of the wrong tyres!

First time I became aware of it was on fitting the new tyres to my import automatic coupe - which now runs very interestingly with lots of slip light and overactive traction control!

The set up is 235/40/18 front & 255/35/18 rear - I appreciate that these are all wrong relative to oem - but can somebody suggest the best resolution that will ease the tc and slip issues - involving buying the minimum number of new tyres!

I've considered having the 235/40/18's moved to the back and putting something like 215/40/18 or 225/40/18 on the front or, alternatively keeping the 235/40/18 on the front and changing the rears to either 245/40/18 or 255/40/18.

Could somebody help me with the maths :-)

I am aware that the car will be lower - but it hasn't caught on anything yet - and that the speedo may misread and the odometer may click faster, but it can cope with all that!

Oh, and if anybody owns a Mercedes e class coupe or convertible - I've got a couple of spare sets of tyres!

• Like 1

You've got different profiles on the rear thats why your traction is over-active, your ecu assumes the profile on front and rear is the same

it doesnt matter what profile you run, thats not the issue, its that your fronts have a different profile to the rear

you can either -

do it properly - invest in tyres the right size

do it unproperly - pull the fuse on the traction, but you will also lose ABS i believe

all you need to do is buy some 255/40/18 for the rear :)

Edited by Desey

Willtheyfit.com should help you with the percentages. Put the standard sizes in, and then work out the change needed for two of the tyres using the same method. Put the tyres up online, I'm sure Stevo and or bizz would be up for some half decent tyres at decent money :)