Hooch Build

Hooch

Well I thought it was about time I created a build thread, I have a few mods I am going to install in the next few weeks.

I got the car for a bargain (can't remember exactly but it was cheap) and picked it up in August 2013.

The only issues were the brake discs were shot and the headlights were foggy, got that sorted with some Black Diamond discs from Cougar Store (great service by the way ;) ) and some Megs polish on the lights.

2013-08-01162402.jpg

Sorted:

2013-08-01162406.jpg

They keep fogging up so need some UV resistant covering (Gtechniq UV stuff £££)

Well this is how she sat after a good clean:

350z.jpg

Since then I have done the Bose hack and added a cheap Bluetooth unit which I have to say is great.

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...ME:L:OU:GB:3160

Works great and pairs when you get in the car without fail, only 2 issues are it has a battery so if I pop to the shop I will have to re-pair my phone, if you could bypass the battery it would just power on and off with the car.

Second issue is that it had a bit of background noise due to the USB power from the cig lighter.

Sorted this with a '3.5mm Ground Loop Isolator', now the system can play anything from my phone/tablet with no wires and no fuss!

I was going to upgrade my headunit but after this simple mod I can wait :teeth:

Next was a Scorpion exhaust bought from Peteman on here, nice sounding unit and cheap, see below for the actual exhaust from Pete:

Well a few more minor mods got put on like a stubby Ariel, a Cosworth filter and a new rear wiper blade :boxing:

The one item that did make a big difference to the car was the D1 Spec Throttle Controller, easy fitting and made the car so much easier to drive day to day, I have it on Eco 3 most of the time which dulls the throttle and makes it 1000x easier in traffic. If I set it to Sports 3 mode its so responsive. It has to be the best mod I have ever made to any car!

Now the mods are all built up in my garage waiting to be fitted, Tein springs, 20mm spacers all round thanks to Couger Store(25mm rear looked wrong to me) and a Toyo sports Y pipe which I got brand new off ebay for about £80. I know Toyo sport products are not well reviewed on here however its not got any parts that can go wrong. Its a pipe with flexi's and it seems very good quality so to me its worth the gamble.

Just a minor mod today but a mod i'm sure a lot of you will do...the delivery of my genuine aluminum kick plates:

2014-07-30175045.jpg

Cheeky little view of the D1 Spec Throttle Controller :D (I did clean the mats after these photos as I felt bad...)

2014-07-30175052.jpg

I saw these recommended in the following thread: http://www.350z-uk.c...-for-350z-2006/

Came from America with tracking, I was worried I would have to pay import duty but no issues.

Well that's it for the time being, tomorrow I get paid with my bonus money and the Berks are on order and then the fitting. :teeth: :teeth:

Once everything is fitted its remap time with Abbey B)

I do need a boot hoop so I can fit a net as one of mine is missing, the steering wheel done and a new gear knob....Zeditus kicked in a long time ago.

Its taken a year but its coming together, anything you want to ask about the mods let me know as I will happily respond to messages. :)

EDIT: Just thought I would add on the end, my very good friend has a Astra VXR which at some point we will go to Santa Pod so the old discussion about whats fastest will be resolved (sort of). It is a good looking car but came with a hefty price tag which I wont share :wacko: :

10013730_10202755440543404_348846909_n.jpg

Edited by Hooch

Three weeks so far and still look as good as the day I did them.

Got the wax from my brother for a present a year or so ago and I'm really impressed with it. Use it on my Zed every month or two and it's great as you don't need to worry about getting it on lights or things as it leaves no white marks. Takes a bit of elbow grease but what wax doesn't really.

Definitely worth a try imo. :thumbs:

Well I have Tein springs, spacers, Y pipe with a full service kit on the way and berks in the post.

Also a few other bits to spice it up ready for a remap.

Cars paintwork is mint except a few marks on the bottom of the rear bumper (no idea how) then this happened in the car park at work:

IMG-20140804-WA0007.jpeg

Really annoying, the top is dented but its fixable and there's a local workshop that are top notch.

Remap money is going to be spent on repairing someone else's mistake, oh well...

Edited by Hooch

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah it was in another thread.

I found the person who hit me and they agreed to pay.

Currently with RT performance and should have it back by the end of the week, I did have to pay the £500 odd quid as she is paying me back in 2 instalments.

• Like 1

That's great news that you found the person responsible. :yahoo:

Wasn't it some woman that works near you or something if I recall the thread it was in? :dry:

Either way glad it's getting fixed. :thumbs:

Yeah, she works in the office above me. Was happy to pay even though she didn't know she hit me :wacko::teeth:

Can't wait to get the car back from RT and get all the mods added.

Then just the plenum spacer and airbox mod then remap time :D :D :D

• Like 1

Well I have the car back and I'm very happy with the repair work, the photos speak for themselves:

blurred_image23-8-20140-53-55.jpg

The boot shutline looks out in this photo but that's just the angle.

Before:

2014-08-05194547.jpg

After:

2014-08-22142024.jpg

If I ever need repairs or bodywork done again I wouldn't think twice about using RT Performance, Taras and his men do awesome work.

Once Taras sends over the work in progress photos I'll post them up :D

Now its time to get all the mods fitted :teeth:

Watch this space....

Edited by Hooch
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

One small change but a good one, managed to buy a Nismo GT Titanium gear knob from a forum member.

These were circa £140 if I bought new so got it for £70. (sorry for the blurry photo)

2014-09-25174219.jpg

That's been matched with a finisher which I bought from the US and had shipped over by ZeeToyz, really finishes it off nicely.

• Like 1

Yeah it was in another thread.

I found the person who hit me and they agreed to pay.

Currently with RT performance and should have it back by the end of the week, I did have to pay the £500 odd quid as she is paying me back in 2 instalments.

It's great that you found them and they agreed to pay, but they should have been finding you or leaving a note. On that basis that they were happy to drive off pretending it never happened, I'd of went through their insurance to really **** them up :D (providing you had evidence to support your claim in such events :p )

• 3 weeks later...

Well got my berks and y pipe fitted, sounds a lot nicer but does get raspy at high revs.

Thought that may happen as the scorpion was lacking in the deep tones.

Need to get my wasso spacer fitted then I'm ready for the remap however I am tempted by changing the exhaust as I have a bit of spare cash.

Don't like burnt tips which is annoying as the invidia and ark are all burnt (ark is a bit on the pricey side).

Anyone got any vids of Berks plus their exhaust?

Could be tempted with the cobra but really want larger tail pipes.

Well got my berks and y pipe fitted, sounds a lot nicer but does get raspy at high revs.

Thought that may happen as the scorpion was lacking in the deep tones.

Need to get my wasso spacer fitted then I'm ready for the remap however I am tempted by changing the exhaust as I have a bit of spare cash.

Don't like burnt tips which is annoying as the invidia and ark are all burnt (ark is a bit on the pricey side).

Anyone got any vids of Berks plus their exhaust?

Could be tempted with the cobra but really want larger tail pipes.

I have the Invidia Gemini Hooch and I can assure you they don't have burnt tips if you get the stainless steel rolled tips like I have.

Link: http://www.tarmacsportz.co.uk/GB/Invidia_350Z_GEMINI_ROLLED_STAINLESS_STEEL_TIPS_CAT-BACK/HS02N3ZGIS_.aspx

Also I haven't experienced any "rasp" or "drone" with the Invidia system & my Berks HFC's. Just a nice deep V6 rumble imo. B)

Personally if you can change your exhaust system to something your happy with before the remap you will save yourself the hassle of having to get it remapped again if you do decide to swap at a later date. Plus you know what this place is like as you can usually always sell on a good exhaust system to recoup some of the cost of the Invidia if you do decide to get it. ;)