Windscreen washer tubing

Cemetery

Front wipers aren't getting any water through to them despite the rear ones working. Quick search on here & then one of my first plays around under the bonnet & it looks like the non return valve is kaput (only a tiny amount of liquid comes out when activated). Popped along to my nearest Halfords to get a new one to discover they no longer do them. Having now looked online there appear to be values for both 4mm & 5mm tubing...anyone know which I need?

My non return valve went on my 350 as well. I bought a replacement from eBay which was a 5mm and that worked for literally a week or so before stuffing up. :angry:

Honestly if I was you I'd do what I did and get a drill bit, ..drill out all the internal bits and spring from your old non return valve and just refit that. Or copper pipe as neo did.

Don't get any problems with my washers now and the jets are much more powerful too which was an added bonus. :thumbs:

• 1 month later...

Copper brake pipe is what Neo used but unsure on the exact size. I'd just drill out the internals of your old non return valve if you can as that's what I did which is the easiest option, ....otherwise something like this should work. Link: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-5mm-Vacuum-Hose-Connectors-Plastic-Hose-Joints-Tefen-Blue-Ramair-/271191863029?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f244b6ef5

Good luck & let us know how you get on. :thumbs:

I replaced my front washer non return valve about a year ago. It was 4mm connection, which i believe is the internal diameter of the plastic tubing connecting to it.

You can also get 4mm straight plastic connectors to replace the valve if you wish. Amazon or ebay are good sources for these.

Copper brake pipe is what Neo used but unsure on the exact size. I'd just drill out the internals of your old non return valve if you can as that's what I did which is the easiest option, ....otherwise something like this should work. Link: http://www.ebay.co.u...=item3f244b6ef5

Good luck & let us know how you get on. :thumbs:

Went with the 4mm version of these & it has worked a treat & much like you said, more powerful as well :) Cheers all.

Nice when it all works out. Glad we all helped. :thumbs:

• 2 months later...

Grrrr...stopped working again, this time checked without any connector & nothing is coming out of the tubing. Searching here suggests either a fuse or a new pump...I cannot see anywhere there has stated which fuse needs checking however, does anyone know (will need a dummies guide). Given the Game of Thrones message that winter is coming is appearing to be true I think I will need these working sooner rather than later given the salt that will coat my windscreen in short order given the miles I am doing.

The fuse is in the big black box behind the car battery I believe so is a right PITA to get to. :dry:

As far as I'm aware there is only one fuse for both the front & back screen washer motors so if one works and the other doesn't then the fuse should be ok.

If you check and the rear wash still works but the front doesn't, ...and you cannot hear the front motor going then it will most likely be the motors gone.

You can get the front windscreen washer motor cheaply from eBay or Clark Motorsport on here. If I remember right it's only around £10 odd for an aftermarket motor. Fairly easy to swap the motors although I haven't done it but they can be accessed behind the front bumper on the drivers side.

Easiest way to get at them is through the wheel arch liner rather than removing the entire front bumper. :thumbs:

Ta, rear one works so sounds like the motor in that case. How simple a job is swapping them over/is there a guide for it as I am not that hands on normally :p

Hopefully this will help. ;)

Link: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/59243-how-to-change-washer-pump-motor/

When you take off the wheel arch liner and look at the washer bottle on the drivers side, ...the front washer motor is the closest one to you and the rear washer pump motor is furthest away (closest to the engine). They are different shapes slightly with different plugs so it's pretty hard to get them the wrong way round.

Aftermarket washer pump motor motor from Clark Motorsport here; http://www.clarkmotorsport.co.uk/website/webshop/productDetails.asp?searchMake=Nissan+350Z&sku=488700010

:thumbs:

• Like 1