Quick question regarding vortech setup

daz-zn

Hi guys,

I've been building up a collection of bits to boost my 04 zed... Have rebuilt a vortech v2 system and bought all the aftermarket bits needed to fit it

My 04 zed is the love of my life, but has high mileage as a daily driver 10k miles ...I have however just made a deal with a mate and bought a 07 model with just over 4k miles, I did so as I heard the motors are better suited in the 07 models for FI ... Car has had a little work done to it and is running a healthy 328bhp at the moment

So the question is this ....... The main mounting vortech bracket is for a 04 DE motor, I know you get a 07 bracket.... But do you think I could modify the bracket I have? So it will fit the 07 ?

While I'm on the subject will nissan GTR 570cc injectors be plug and play with a 07 or would I also have to modify things to set these up

Thanks in advance

Daz

Well we work in Kms where I'm from...but to clear things up yes my daily driver is my 04 and has 150 000 km

I have just bought a 07 with 65 000 km on the clock as I heard the internals are and motor are better suited for FI ( plus I got it for a deal) ... But more I was worried about boosting my 04 as I've given the motor a bit of a hard time during its life

Tks

Aren't the SC kits different between the DE and HR??

Yep and wouldn't the HR need twin chargers with it having two intakes? :dry::shrug:

Nope but the mounting location and intercooler are different.

I was thinking it might be similar to the GTM/Rotrex set up....

gtm-g37-vq37hr-twin-supercharger-kit.jpg

If it's a DE engine though but just a RevUp model then surely it's just a simple case of getting the different mount I'd have thought. Modifying the existing one may work though but I have no idea honestly.

Sorry guys I might be confusing things here... I have both cars parked together and the motors look identical ... Single intakes

All I know for certain is I have the 04 DE motor... I don't have the log book for the 07 but Russ is right it is the rev-up motor.

Aren't the SC kits different between the DE and HR??

Yep and wouldn't the HR need twin chargers with it having two intakes? :dry::shrug:

Nope but the mounting location and intercooler are different.

I was thinking it might be similar to the GTM/Rotrex set up....

gtm-g37-vq37hr-twin-supercharger-kit.jpg

If it's a DE engine though but just a RevUp model then surely it's just a simple case of getting the different mount I'd have thought. Modifying the existing one may work though but I have no idea honestly.

The single gtm sc is mounted on the bottom left of the engine... I guess when trying to shoehorn 2 in they had to make use of all available space. Twins look cool single looks standard...

Some info below regarding the Vortech belt set up...

the rev up engine has a MUCH better stock belt design than the non-REVUP kit. The REVUP kits come with different pulley diameters than the original VQ35 kit. They actually come with the 3.12 pulley as the stock pulley, but have different sized cogpulleys to reduce its effectiveness since the kit is designed to spin the blower up to 7000 rpms. Bear in mind I'll mainly be referring to the non-revup kits as far as pulley sizes go because that's what I have experience with

From here: http://my350z.com/forum/forced-induction/270770-vortech-faq-read-this-before-asking-vortech-questions.html

The stilled sc uses a vortech set up with the sc in a similar place but uses a different intake

http://www.dynosty.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/2007-Nissan-350Z-VQ35HR-Stillen-Vortech-Supercharger-with-haltech-and-nitrous-engine-bay.png

Edit: sorry, pointless now we have established it's a rev up but I'm leaving the link cos it's pretty......

Edited by OllyB