GSXR 1000 one off immaculate super low mileage show winning bike

Andyhut

http://s1152.photobucket.com/user/Andyhut/library/Bike

Posting for sale to see what interest I get in my beloved gixxer 1000 that I don't really want to sell but having only done 200 miles on it last year and nothing this year I think its time for someone to grab a amazing bike.

I bought this bike new in December 2007 (57 reg) from Stamford Superbikes opening day where I had John Reynolds (ex Suzuki super bike rider) sit on it and had a great day meeting him. I wanted a one off bike so I had it sprayed by dream machines in a flip version of the black and white relentless scheme so it's sprayed pearl white with metallic silver with all the decals lacquered, this is still the only one they ever sprayed so is a one off design. Since owning I have added £1000's of extras including titanium arrow exhausts, titanium oil cap, customer brake cover, akrapovic carbon side covers / engine covers / chain guard and mud guard which all cost £1200, passo adjustable leavers, custom headlight cover, r & g crash protectors, bobbins, carbon mirror covers, data tool alarm, zero gravity screen, gsxr metal brake and clutch cover, original from Suzuki in America gel seat, evo exhaust hangers, single seat cover and r & g tail tidy.

As I've owned the bike from new I have all original paperwork, sales file, books, the spare key still with original plastic cover on it.

A gixxer 1000 was my dream bike and I have kept it immaculate it always gets polished before and after rides in fact it's been polished more times than ridden and never seen any rain. In photobucket pictures is also a picture of when it won Poole Quay bike of night and have the little trophy sat proudly at home.

Probably the best bit is the bike is that it's only done 2,500 miles and is pretty much a brand new bike at a fraction of the price.

I'm looking for £6,700 which considering the mileage and pretty much as new condition I think is fair, yes you can buy a cheaper one but I can guaranty you want find a better one off stunning bike which always turns heads and I will be very very sorry to see her go.

Show bikes are boring. Bikes you can actually use without worrying about a puddle somewhere are way better.

Your GSXR looks great. If I was looking for a Jap litre bike I would be interested.

I am fairly spent out at the moment having decided to pay off the Ducati loan last month.

Somebody will get a nice bike.

Edited by Peak 370

To explain, I meant that show bikes which are taken by a van to a show and taken back home in a van bore me. That is what I meant.

The GSXR in question has lots of nice extras. I had a GSXR1000K5 which i liked a lot.

The Ducati is a 2013 Panigale 1199 and has 6,700 miles on the clock.

No show bike!

• Like 1

Bloody hell Andy, this is the tidiest Gixxer I think I've ever seen. I think its in better condition than when it left the factory and there's a fair old pile of trick bits added on to it as well. Its a shame you have to get rid of it but as you say, its pretty much dead money sat there not being ridden. I've never seen an '07 with such low mileage and I can't see you struggling to get rid of it for the price you're asking for it. Is that a yellow MGB Roadster behind the bike in a few of the photo's? Good Luck with the sale, and as I say, I don't think you'll struggle in getting rid of it. If I had the spare funds I'd snatch your hands off but unfortunately that's not the case.

• Like 1

Glwts and it looks a beauty. Some comments are just worth ignoring :thumbs:

Nicely put Steve and totally agree with you.

I think its a great looking bike, none of this pansy BS it looks dead tidy and something you could actually ride without being worried if a fly hitting the bike.

Great example :thumbs:

Yes that's our 1977 mgb roadster in the background which I use on my more chilled days when I'm not using the zed. You can see why I'm struggling to bring myself to sell it and with all the nice comments I think I'm changing my mind and I really don't need to sell her but just seems a waste of such a nice bike to just be sat in the garage not being used.

Does the price seem ok it's really hard to fairly price a bike like this especially with such low miles?

I've just got in after riding my GSXR750 for the very last time and delivering to its new owner this very evening.

I was in exactly the same position as you Andy - didn't need to sell, but was a waste leaving it in the garage. There's now a large void in the garage where it used to sit :cry::(

Like yours, my Gixxer was priced a little higher than all the other 'average' examples, because it was better than average. Someone will appreciate the bike and give you what it's worth.

GLWTS :thumbs:

Thanks 14N, the thought of not having it in the garage isn't a good one but I have lots of good memories from buying it and riding it and was lucky enough to own my dream bike. Sorry to hear you had to let yours go too, time to think whats going to fill that large void lol

I would definitely say that its priced to sell what with all of the trick bits on it and the unique paint job someone is going to buy the bargain of a lifetime. I can see your point considering you only did 200 miles last year and you've yet to put any miles on it this year, it just seems such a shame that you've put all that time and effort into it only for someone else to reap the benefit of it. The way I see it, its a work of art and personally I wouldn't want to see anyone else riding it especially if they didn't look after it the way you have. I guess what I'm saying is that if it was mine I'd be happy just knowing it was in the garage and I could go out for a blast at any time and I'd feel a bit sick if I sold it, leaving a GIXXER spaced gap in my garage. I only hope you don't regret selling it. Works of art only go up in value.

• Like 2

Yeah I agree with what your saying and I'm sure there will be moments where I really regret it and the Relentless slogan "no half measures" kind of sums me up and the bike as all the trick bits are quality parts. I'm very torn on selling it even more so now lol, I guess I'll just see if anyone's interested and go from there. (Does 350z plus gixxer = 370z mmm)

Don`t sell it - you`ll only regret it later. I sold my GSXR750K3 when it was 7 years old. I`d had it from new, it had less than 3500miles on the clock and was still as new condition but just never got used so I thought the sensible thing to do was to sell it. Now I`m retired and only have my XT660X as it was my last ride to work bike and hardly ever use that but how I wish I still had my GSXR to take out for a blast whenever I fancied.

I'm not surprised you're not keen on selling it, I don't think I've seen so many carbon parts on a bike before and the seat is just the dogs bollox. That looks so trick. 350Z + Gixxer = loads of fun on two and four wheels. 370Z = a bit more fun than a 350Z but with the added bonus of two wheels when the mood takes you.

Well hopefully someone on here will have it then hopefully it will get looked after and at least I will know it's gone to a fella zed owner. I wish I could find the time to ride it but always seems to be things going on especially with the mgb which we use a lot at weekends and for cars shows plus everyone I know who had bikes seems to have sold them and I'm really not a person who like going for rides on their own.

• Like 1