To sell or not to sell

agentsmith350

Guys and Gals ,

My heads a mess , I thought I wanted to sell the Z and have agreed a fair sale however the guy I was buying a runaround from is messing me around so will be car less for a while and the now Im thinking letting the Z go may be a mistake. Its a good car that I know the history of being family owned , has been trouble free and im in no desperate need of the money but at the same time I have a project car and house deposit to think about , it is quite costly to upkeep and doubt I would get a similar offer when I am needing to sell it.

Im just reaching out for your thoughts as I've done everyone else s head in about it as well as mine.

:wacko:

I honestly think dude, you need to sell, then buy another when the time is right. Maybe ask the guy you're selling it to if they'll let you know if they ever sell it. Then you can get it back in a few years?

A house and family come before anything. Especially if you have another project on the cards :)

A house and family come before anything.

u wot m8

Family comes first, except for Grundy's wheels, they come firsterer.

Is that front or rear wheels though?

Front always comes before first

Anyway back on topic ! - Worth noting Im not activly looking for a house yet its just in the back of my mind that sometime soon I will have to venture into housing and would only be myself in there for a while or at least until my partner finished her degree.

oh screw being sensible! Keep! Don't be a fool :lol:

Your other half stopped looking over your shoulder now or something?

She's worse than me, she encourages me to splurge on the car :lol:

Winner.. And I say if you want to keep it and can afford to then you should, if you want to move on and do something else with the money then do it. Pretty bland advice but it's your money and it's your life :)

I would suggest keeping the car. My reasoning being you dont have a house identified yet or mortgage agreed in principle . Cash in the bank tends to get eaten into with lifes little emergencies and you may well find yourself with no Zed and not enough for a deposit so double pain. Soon as you are looking to get onto the property ladder and have identified some places then thats the time to sell (if you need to !)

Thats the thing , Im not sure if I want to keep it I suppose , On one hand its a costly bugger and is Due Tax and Service next month or so which will land me a large bill but on the other I know I could go and buy something else and it be unreliable and need the same spent on it should it break down.

You know the car, you know its history, you've never had any trouble with it, there's no guarantee that if you buy another you'll not be plagued by problems, you're not desperate for the cash (which makes a big difference) you already have a project car. If it was me,it would be a case of better the devil you know and I'd be inclined to keep it. There are a lot of sheds out there and as much as you know about Zeds there are a lot of creative bodgers out there who are great at covering all sorts of potentially massive problems.

I would sell if I were you, plenty of time to get another one when the time suits better. Yes you know the history etc and that's a good thing, but you'll be able to find another good one when you can, providing you look around and take your time. I would also add that there are plenty of other great cars out there to try.

Lateral thinking time. Buy a shed and run it. Park the zed up. See how often you get the urge to drive the zed. If its all the time keep it. You will also have time to think if you really want it.

Guy who was wanting to buy it ( and to be honest it didn't get that many offers ) is wanting to come for it tommorow , and with the car running out of tax at the end of the month if I where to sell now is a good time I suppose.