My 350z nearly got flooded today

LordSQra

pull the seats out, pull the carpet up and try to get as much out as possible. Then let the car dry out and try to work out where it came from. What are the chances the water went down before you got to the car? It may well have come through the bottom of the doors?

That's what I'm going to do as soon as I get home. Im stuck at work till 22pm wish I could do it right now before it gets worse. I think like Will said that the other cars created a wave or even me when I moved a car and thats how it got inside going through the bottom of the doors.

Shall I disconnect the battery when removing seats ? I dont want to mess anything with airbags. Thanks guys

Where do you work mate? Looks a familiar building to me...

Also, I think you will be fine in that much water. I've driven through deeper, so deep in fact that the range rover behind me turned around!

I got a little bit worried when I could feel the car really pushing against the water, but got through and not ill effects other than a creaky clutch pedal for a few days!

That was about 4 months ago. No problems since! I think everything that low is pretty well sealed up.

In other news, took the Saxo through a huge puddle yesterday and I think the water caused a bridge across some of the electric connections, handbrake light and oil light came on and sort of 'flickered' as it happened but then faded out as the water obviously dripped off!

It's a sainsbury's warehouse in Waltham Abbey mate.

Best to get the water out as quick as you can.

My old 106 got flooded after a rainstorm, when I pulled up the carpet the soundproofing stuff was rotten. :yuck: Clearly not the first time it had happened.

Cant speak for a Z but the 106 had small littler rubber plugs that could be popped out at the lowest point in the floor pan (seriously it was like they knew this @*!# was going to happen!) which made draining the water really easy.

Just dry out what you can before stuff starts going mouldy.

As for cables etc you should be fine unless there are any connectors that got wet.

The 106 had quite a few cables including pre-tensioners for the seatbelts, speaker cables and im pretty sure the fuel pump cables that were all under water.

Everything still worked fine even when I was driving it around with the sodden sound proofing and once I drained it out my map light started working again :lol:

If there are any connectors that got wet spray some WD40 in them to drive out any water :thumbs:

• Like 1

A small update: It's been few days since my car's been flooded.On the way home I did set up the heating on 32 degrees directly on the floor and also switched on the heating on the seats, it was like in a sauna lol. When I got home I looked at it properly and it didn't look as bad as I thought.I placed towels on the floor as I could feel that it still was a little bit damp. I didn't take out the seats as I had to go to work the next day and I wouldn't have the time to put it back in. My gf came up with a solution and suggested to leave a dehumidifier inside the car overnight, I left it in the garage, dehumidifier on, windows closed. It did a pretty good job collecting all the water and nicely drying out the floor. Coming back from work yesterday everything looked alright no condensation or bad smell :) very happy :D

• Like 1

How mechanically minded are you? I'd say maybe take the back box off and try and empty it. If it's enough water that you can hear it it's going to take a long time to evaporate out.

Drive up a big hill 😂ðŸ‘

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk