Tablet for a toddler

coldel

Hiya, I don't actually own a tablet or anything and not really a tech-guru so here asking what is probably a daft question...

My boy is two and a half and getting him to stay still in cafes etc can be a challenge, looking for a cheap tablet I can copy some of his films/programmes onto which I can use whilst out to keep him calm and entertained.

Something like this? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/9-inch-Android-4-2-Tablet-PC-Dual-Core-Capacitive-WiFi-Camera-New-/390829758879

Any views? Assume I can copy a few things onto the memory and play it back?

Remember this will probably end up being bashed about and prodded by a two year old so I don't want to be buying an iPad or anything.

I couldnt find them bradders? Cheapest one on their website is 120 quid and is a normal one...unless they are not sold online? The ebay one is 35 quid, I get the feeling it might get destroyed within a few months so do not want to spend too much.

Don't bother with the 'made for kids' tablets, they are mainly crap, better of with a standard one and d/l some educational software :)

I do like the rubberised edges (know you can get a case but thats another 30 quid or something) - i want a cheap entry to see how he gets on with it, then maybe get something decent.

Don't bother with the 'made for kids' tablets, they are mainly crap, better of with a standard one and d/l some educational software :)

I do like the rubberised edges (know you can get a case but thats another 30 quid or something) - i want a cheap entry to see how he gets on with it, then maybe get something decent.

My friend bought one and regretted it, you might get lucky but he got one running a really old version of android and couldn't be upgraded :shrug:

My friend bought one and regretted it, you might get lucky but he got one running a really old version of android and couldn't be upgraded :shrug:

Im an Android dope - the ebay one has Android 4.2 on it, is that crap!?

Im an Android dope - the ebay one has Android 4.2 on it, is that crap!?

Should be ok mate, you will be amazed how quick the little fella works it all out ;)

My godson can watch you lock an iPad and work out the code the little #### !!!

Sent from the golf club...

I have given the kids a couple of 64G Blackberry play books as they quite strong reasonable size and spec for the £60 -80 you can buy them for since blackberry fell from grace,so dont care if they get ruined but downside is not so much apps or games etc but very good for films and tv

• 2 weeks later...