Sesanta Ultrac

ioneabee

Still running the car in then :p:lol:

After being a passenger with you both in Wales I could comment but all I will say is some things like a fine wine or a good cheese improve with age, and that goes for 370z drivers too apparently ;)

Sent from the golf club...

Unlike the sauvignons and chardonnays of this world made with an emphasis on structure,

freshness & fruit, Ioneabee is like one of those young Californian wines which favours power and immediate impact! :lol:

So how come those tyres lasted so long?

Still running the car in then :p:lol:

After being a passenger with you both in Wales I could comment but all I will say is some things like a fine wine or a good cheese improve with age, and that goes for 370z drivers too apparently ;)

Unlike the sauvignons and chardonnays of this world made with an emphasis on structure,

freshness & fruit, Ioneabee is like one of those young Californian wines which favours power and immediate impact! :lol:

So how come those tyres lasted so long?

I would have said ioneabee was more a 2lt bottle of white lightning myself, as subtle as a breeze block :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Has anyone tried ultrac vorti tyres yet? These are the sessanta replacements and supposed to be even better in every way.

In a word, 'yes'. I'd previously run the Sessanta on my 350 and was very impressed with them, when the time came for replacement tyres on the 370 I went for the Vorti.

Bearing in mind that I was comparing them to the OE Bridgestones, which at this stage were well past their best at 3mm on the rears, they were a revelation. They are considerably quieter, the 'tram-lining' issues were totally banished, and the outright grip both wet and dry was also vastly improved. Above all I particularly like the predictability, with the ESP turned off they are very forgiving and hold no surprises.

Now, as stated I was comparing them to tyres that had just been removed and at that stage even Nippon No Grip Slide-Masters would have been an improvement. This has to be considered when giving any review on tyre performance etc and I feel that this is often overlooked. However I honestly feel that the Vorti's are superior in all areas except maybe for longevity...you can't have everything as there has to be a trade off, the Sessantas were good for about 9K. Although I don't consider price to be an issue when purchasing new tyres, at £680 delivered I was again impressed.

Would I buy them again? Yes, and I believe there is now a Vorti 'R' version.

Those look like Michelins? I was looking for pics of the Sessantas

regards

Sorry - I was just following on from the previous posts about the MPSS :surrender:

Best pic I can find with the Sessas (with 25mm spacers):

P1020457.jpg

P1020454.jpg