Getting hot

Rock_Steady

So, I decided to drive the zed to work and 2 things happened. 1: My fish salad leaked onto the passenger seat :dry: 2: whilst in traffic I noticed that the temp needle was just over half way, I kept my eye on it and it started to get a little higher. The fans weren't kicking in!! I made this face :scare: so, I turned on the heaters to full blast and turned off the car when it was @ a stand still. it never got near the red but hopefully there is no damage. No steam, no coolant leaking out anywhere. Should I be worried?

• Like 1

fan motors probably failed. Its a common fault. Mishimoto do a replacement kit which is loads cheaper than getting new motors from Nissan. Clark Motorsport supply the Mishimoto Radiator Surround Kit which includes the fans. Looks nice too

• Like 2

well, there was still plenty of coolant, it was right up to the top. The drive home was fine, it never over heated. So, next step is bumper off and check out the rad fans and electrics. And while i'm at it I think i'll re-spray the bumper and repair it as I hit uneven ground on the same day and cracked the fibre-glass :rant:

Just run the car on tickover until the fans cut in or don't cut in, and keep an eye on the temp gauge,

you will hear when they start, as Alex said you don't need to take off the front bumper.. :blush:

Edited by WhackyWill
  • Like 1