Pricing advice please.

zeddy addict

Ok, go easy on me please, not a for sale thread yet but just asking advice.

My car is 2007 facelift (DE) Roadster with genuine 35k miles, full nissan service history with 6 stamps in the book, also checked with supplying dealer as the first stamp missing, it was serviced bang on the nose at 9800 miles at one year old. Last done with Nissan Jan this year at 34500, now just clocked 35100 miles. I have a folder full of Nissan receipts and bills plus all MOT's, hpi clear. All mot's by Nissan, last had no advisories

The car Is immaculate bodywork wise and interior with black leather and gunmetal grey paintwork. Wheels are excellent and all tyres have been replaced recently. Has all GT extras (UK car) plus factory Sat Nav and Pdc. 2 keys, full book pack. Hood excellent. No issues at all with the car runs and drives perfectly.

What I would consider to be down sides. 4 prev owners but I bought the car on condition and history and it has clearly been loved so it didn't bother me. Think the roadsters go through more owners as they are the usually a toy and used for Summer fun (this was the case for me)

Fitted with sports exhaust,smoke people love it some hate it. Fully MOT legal but down to taste. I am considering changing this to a Scorpion or something subtle as it seems to put people off.

Only bought this in Jan when I got a good deal and had the spare funds, intending to use as a third car for Summer fun. Husband has since changed jobs and lost company van in June so we are struggling with one daily car between us as we have dogs too. Had decided to try and get a cheap runabout but need more cash than we thought we might get away with to buy something really decent and long term.

Have advertised mine but got the usual dealer offers of 5k! One person came to look but decided he didn't a convertible but was impressed with the condition of the car.. Found a nice Audi estate a4 that would have fitted the bill perfectly for a part ex but now trade in for mine is 7k I am told so would have to spend another 2k to buy that with trade in. Seems madness for a car with double the miles and I could be buying a troublesome rep mobile.

On the plus side ' we buy any car' have offered 7150 today which is better than trade in. Gutted to say the least as I would love to keep this car.

My long term plan was to use it during the Summer then garage over winter which is what we have done. I even bought a Stormforce tailored cover for it so it is protected on the drive during Summer. This car is spoilt!

What would you do..... Sell for a ridiculous loss. Keep it and make the other half buy an old banger (got £1000 spare but it needs to be reliable and solid and do long journeys, not an easy ask for £1k.) trade it in and spend even more money on a decent estate?

Surely no car cannot depreciate at a rate of £1000 a month? Was offered £8k in June, at this rate I will be paying someone to take it away by next Feb!

Are roadsters that hard to sell or just a niche market? Any advice would be appreciated.

Edited by zeddy addict

Thanks Kev,

When I looked it up in Glasses it was assuming 70k miles and trade price of 7100. Personally I think 7k is tight considering mileage and spec.

I know dealers have to make a mark up but it then retails at £10400 dealer forecourt. Even with a warranty that is some mark up on a car that needs for nothing.

Why is it when you are looking for a specific car they are like hens teeth according to dealers until you want to sell one then they are as welcome as the plague! Bloody cars!

I wouldn't let it go for 7k.

I got offered just under 8k px and mine is a 2005.

I think the dealer might have had a buyer in mind.

For some reason he really liked that the car still has it's original dealer number plates?

I was planning to change them but never got round to it.

It might be a good idea to change to exhaust back to a standard one. Dealers tend to prefer original cars.

In some strange cases even original number plates :)

Edited by Kev