GTM 350z HR SC Kit

AndyZ33HR

https://www.gtmotorsports.com/product.php?productid=17432

This kit is advertised as 'turn key' and I have read through the list of kit contents and everything seems to add up.

At current currency rate it works out about £3753 before delivery and customs duty etc.

I am sitting here seriously tempted to press the 'Add to Cart' button but need more info first.

My friend is a fully qualified mechanic and is building his own car at the minute (opel manta A project). My question is does this literally bolt-on out of the box, i.e we could do this in his garage? Any fabrication work required? What about tuning? Is the supplied engine management and map really OK to use without further tuning to get advertised power gains (safe)?

The only information i could find on here was about what clutch to use with this setup and the not so good situation about people waiting a long time for the kit to arrive, that would definitely p*ss me off and already I feel gutted for anyone who has parted with their cash to be let down so I thought an up to date discussion on this kit is needed.

Has customer service got any better then lately? or is this whole thing just going to be a pipe dream.

Thanks in advance guys for any information.

Hi chap.

There are a lot of other supporting mods required to go with this kit(look at my spec list minus the forged engine).

Also GTM are a nightmare to deal with,ask Octed :scare:

Not trying to put you off but this cannot be done on a budget.

Pm me if you want any further info.

Andy

thats good enough for me guys. i think i'll leave it until another time. hopefully vortech or another reputable company make the kit soon, why haven't they already? surely the demand is out there, the HR engine getting bigger gains etc! I emailed GTM yesterday and the response i got back from them was a very blunt and brief reply (i asked detailed questions and got a 2 line reply which included a request for my full address for a quote even though pretty much all my questions were not answered, it looked like they were pretty keen to get me to part with my cash asap.

I sent another reply asking the same questions and have asked about how long delivery will take exactly, I have not had a response yet. At face value the operation seems quite unprofessional, such a shame that they have a great kit but customer support is lacking.

Also Thanks for your reply Andy, it would have been great to get a chat with you about the project and I have the means to pay for the supporting mods and do the job right as per your experience, that wouldn't be a problem. Unfortunately on the basis of negative reviews about delivery/lead times etc I can't part with that amount of money to be given the run around. This thread was started to get an update on GTM and as it stands people have advised to hold off. Feel sorry for you guys who have been messed around. Hopefully you get your kits soon and everything works out ok