Scraped 350Z....

jessejk

Just did a stupid parking manoeuvre and scratched the front left of my 350z :blush: :blush: :blush:

Any recommendations for body shops in Essex or Midlands are that I can try to get this fixed

Oh have attached a picture... Yep I am that stupid :(

post-17817-0-35085900-1404577461_thumb.jpg

Edited by jessejk

Just did a stupid parking manoeuvre and scratched the front left of my 350z :blush: :blush: :blush:

Any recommendations for body shops in Essex or Midlands are that I can try to get this fixed

Oh have attached a picture... Yep I am that stupid :(

if it makes you feel any better you're not alone did mine today same spot lower down really high kerb (about 1ft) i hate driving in essex

This was parting at speed wanted to watch the football so wacked it in. Needless to say I wasn't in any mood to watch the football after.

Yep it is a scrape and a half. Hopefully it's not a replacement job as that will take the ****...

That is good to know :) Any recommendations on shops for a respray...

I don't have any recommendations on body shops sorry but fyi it will probably cost you around £150-£200 to get it all sorted. Maybe a little more if they need to respray more of the passenger wing to blow it in & match the paint correctly.

Hi I'm an estimator in a bodyshop in Coventry. We have an excellent name in the trade for quality and it's probably the only bodyshop I have worked in that I would let the lads work on without having to check up on them. I think the price that someone has mentioned might be a bit off if you want a quality job in a body shop. Your probably looking more like £350 -£400 with the wing and bumper needing painting. If you need any advice mate I'm happy to help.

This might be too big a job but before you take it in to bodyshops get "chips away" or similar mobile to have a look, they often perform miracles at your own home. Used one recently when my daughter scraped her black peugeot - she pushed in the sill about 600mm long, sraped the rear door and wing, cost me £250 and you seriously cant tell there was ever any damage.

Hi I'm an estimator in a bodyshop in Coventry. We have an excellent name in the trade for quality and it's probably the only bodyshop I have worked in that I would let the lads work on without having to check up on them. I think the price that someone has mentioned might be a bit off if you want a quality job in a body shop. Your probably looking more like £350 -£400 with the wing and bumper needing painting. If you need any advice mate I'm happy to help.

Firstly not intentionally hijacking this thread :)

Reecy could you give an estimate for spraying the roof of my 370, it's currently wrapped but I'm after getting it painted in gloss or metallic black

I'm not far from Cov so could pop over to your body shop anytime for a chat, pm if you'd rather

Thanks Andy

OP sorry for going off track :thumbs:

Hope you get your bumper sorted without too much pain

:scare:

The price I was quoting is coming from a recent quote for work I have had done locally at a decent body shop (they are a dealer approved crash repair centre by Mazda & Hyudai). £350-£400 odd to have just a bumper sprayed and wing blown in is sounding a little expensive if you ask me. :dry:

The body shop that did mine removed the front bumper/all furniture and resprayed it for around £150 ~ I say for around £150 as I actually had more work done than just that at the same time, ...and that's the price they added on top when I asked to have my front bumper done as well at the same time.

Fair enough though if that's what you'd charge ~ guess every body shop is different. ;)

From the picture there is a dent in the wing. 150 is about the going price to paint a bumper corner, but you'd still have to fully lacquer the bumper and wing to do it properly. Like I said our bodyshop is regarded as excellent in the trade. We are approved by Mercedes, Volvo, Mitsubishi, Peugeot Citroen and Kia. But if you can get a good quality job for 150 I'd say rip there arm off.

From the picture there is a dent in the wing. 150 is about the going price to paint a bumper corner, but you'd still have to fully lacquer the bumper and wing to do it properly. Like I said our bodyshop is regarded as excellent in the trade. We are approved by Mercedes, Volvo, Mitsubishi, Peugeot Citroen and Kia. But if you can get a good quality job for 150 I'd say rip there arm off.

That would definitely cause a little bit more of a problem ~ to my eyes it just looked like scratched off paint. :dry::lol:

Either way between me & you then can we agree Jessejk is looking at somewhere between £150-£400 to sort properly then?. I'm not a body shop estimator though as you may be able to tell. :D;)