car painted how long before first wash ?

Hi guys just got my car back after having the roof and tailgate re painted and the car looks damn fine apart from the odd piece of white dust, how long should I leave it before giving her the first wash ?, bear in mind she's black and its very warm at the moment.

Thanks

If it's being baked in a coven it's good to go right away. If not I would leave it for 24 hours just to be safe. But just use THE TWO bucket METHOD and ANYTHING BUT A sponge not a jet wash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fixed that for you :lol:

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

Well update waited 2 and a half weeks and had to wash her...covered in grime and still some chalk......rinsed thoroughly....used light ph shampoo only...was told not to use any force but let the mit do the work...I did ...good job I was warned that a small amount of colour transfer to the mit is normal for the first few washes and that I shouldn't wax until at least a month....used the super drying / polishing cloth recomended in another post and boy am I grateful to that dude using it was a revelelation.

Bearing in mind my car was totally unloved and abused by its previous owner I'm off to a good start will post pics when I'm online .

Doug

20140616_174616_zpsa4a25f9a.jpg

20140616_174644_zpsc439ef54.jpg

20140712_200305_zpsda825b3c.jpg

20140712_200420_LLS_zpsa23d1dfa.jpg

20140712_200436_LLS_zps841c7a52.jpg

Sorry for the gratuitous use of pics but she is beautiful :)

The cloth used was a Gtechniq MF2 Zero Scratch Microfibre Drying Towel 36x24" £10.99 on fleabay

The Mit a 100% wool no scratch from Tesco £6.99

The soap Autoglym Shampoo & Conditioner £7.00 fleabay

I've read few times that you not supposed to wax your car for 30 days after respray! Seen that warning on meguiars wax as well

Yeah and a bugger trying to avoid stone chips too :lol:

Just don't drive it for a month :lol: suppose you get stoke chips at any time :(

• Like 1

If it's being baked in a coven it's good to go right away

Is that when the vampires are out and about or do you have to be a familiar to them to work there without being drained? :lol:

god I should really not use my phone when iv not got my glasses on :-) . And yes you have to be Werewolf or vampire defo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1