CV joints - 'Clicky Axle' - who supplies?

SteveM

Ok so I have found the how to in the guide section.... With a week and a half till I am due to drive to the Alps my axle has started clicking! Typical. So who supplies the replacement parts for this? Quickly!

Mine has been clicking for 6 years, it won't do any harm to leave it till you get back.

Pete

• Like 1

Driving a roadster roof down in the Alps with that clicking going on every time I come on and off the throttle might just do my head in! Lol

Well, there is that :lol: .

There's a guide somewhere on how to fix this without replacing any parts, Garage quoted me £50 .

Pete

Edited by JetSet
  • Like 1

Mine is clicking to, both sides.........does no damage but is really annoying. This is on my to do list. The fix does seem to be the one with putting more grease in once the spline has been pushed back an inch or so behind the rear brake disk. Seems an easyish fix and cheap if you do it your self. I read that marine grease is the way to go.....about 5 quid. Good luck and have a great trip

My tech did this for me from this guide whilst I was in for another job, going on a year now, no clicking.

It's the greasing of the area in the last picture from the first post that does the magic IMHO. I'm not saying don't do the splines whilst it is all in bits, but having read around I believe it's not the splines themselves. I'm sure others may have differing opinions.

http://m.my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=428639

Edited by SuperStu

going to give this a go on sunday morning. have to dab a bit of copper grease on the front pads aswell as they squeek as you apply the brakes and between the squeeking and the clicking i will be driven mad driving down through Germany, Switzerland and Italy!!!!

• Like 1

Great news Will!!! We are heading out 12th - 20th. Heidelberg first stop then down through the Black Forest to Switzerland. If you are going to drive on any motorways in Switzerland or Austria make sure you get the road tax sticker (available from the border crossing or at petrol stations). We have 8 major passes and 10 minor ones we want to do... Fingers crossed for the weather for us both!!!!