Decided to power wash my car and this happened.

wain_alan

So I was jet washing my car and everything was okay, until it got to the front bumber and I noticed transparent flakes come off my car, not sure what I have done.

Any ideas on the best way to fix this?

My bumber and bonnet have a few stone chips anyway, would it be best to get them resprayed?

Yup - Get the whole bumper resprayed.

The fact the top coat has peeled suggests it had substantial stone chip damage or has been resprayed previously and it has started to ease away from the paint.

Good excuse for a shiny new front end.

Edited by Dave-350

I don't think people realise just how careful you have to be when using a jet washer on cars, for this very reason. You should only use the minimum power required, and keep a good distance back from the car whilst keeping the angle of the spray to the car at 45deg max.

Good excuse for a front end spray now, anyway! Hope you get it fixed soon bud :)

• Like 2

I feel your pain - that must have been a real t1t squeezer.

As above - my roadster suffered this, but not quite so spectacularly, and a respray is the only way to rectify.

Around here, you'd be looking at about £150 to get that done to a decent standard - so, not 'end of the world' stuff.

To improve its appearance you could lightly wet and dry the edges of the damage and polish back up, as I did - but it won't grow back I'm afraid.