Best Service For West Sussex

bytespc

Chichester is the area I'm in....going to have to fork out for professional detailing as mine has been well abused looks like a drunk chimp has swirled it all over and some weird water marks on the bonnet that don't come of with a wash

Yeah, I don't like giving my honest opinion regarding traders that pay to be on here. Also a lot of fan boys may take offence and white knight them, all in all not worth the hassle. :)

However, there are other options if you fancy giving someone else a try.

Yeah, I don't like giving my honest opinion regarding traders that pay to be on here. Also a lot of fan boys may take offence and white knight them, all in all not worth the hassle. :)

I'm sorry, this is not on. It's not the first time you've done this and if you "don't like giving an honest opinion" then maybe it's best you keep your thoughts to yourself. However if you have a real and justifiable issue with a trader on here (the fact they pay is irrelevant, it's the service they provide that matters) then let the team know about it if you are unhappy. Please keep in mind that there are proper channels to complain about the service you may have or not received from a trader on here and I presume by making your thoughts public that you have indeed taken your grievance up with the trader first?

I'm sorry, this is not on. It's not the first time you've done this and if you "don't like giving an honest opinion" then maybe it's best you keep your thoughts to yourself. However if you have a real and justifiable issue with a trader on here (the fact they pay is irrelevant, it's the service they provide that matters) then let the team know about it if you are unhappy. Please keep in mind that there are proper channels to complain about the service you may have or not received from a trader on here and I presume by making your thoughts public that you have indeed taken your grievance up with the trader first?

Not sure what you're getting at but I'm giving another point of view, I don't have to write war and peace on it nor do I have any obligation to reveal anything. I'm simply saying on a public forum that I would look elsewhere? Problem?

Well, yeah.

Either say what the problem was, what they did to resolve it, and what the final outcome was. Far better to be honest and open than cloak and dagger, as that helps neither forum member nor trader.

Doesn't matter if they're a paid trader or random backstreet garage, it's better to know a story than guess.

Well, yeah.

Either say what the problem was, what they did to resolve it, and what the final outcome was. Far better to be honest and open than cloak and dagger, as that helps neither forum member nor trader.

Doesn't matter if they're a paid trader or random backstreet garage, it's better to know a story than guess.

I don't think I have to air my personal problem with Abbey on a public forum, if the OP wants to PM to find out my problem then he can. I can however say that if I had a choice then I would go elsewhere.

You will also see that I didn't reveal I don't like giving my honest opinion of the trader until the OP said I was being vague, I was just giving my reasons as to why I'm being vague (next time I'll just be vague to save all this).

I've actually spoken to Glrnet in person about this anyway (in total agreement, I might add), I know he is just doing his forum admin bit so I don't mind.

EDIT: I just read the reply to Glrnet, I posted that quickly on a tablet. It wasn't meant to be quite as antagonistic as it sounded, sorry :surrender:

You don't have to air your problem, but by being vague all you're doing is hurting Abbey, the members of this forum and the forum as a whole. Because no-one really knows the issue, we don't know if Abbey f*cked up a little bit, a massive bit, or whether you're making the whole thing up.

I get the whole not-rocking-the-boat thing, I do, but then you might as well say nothing at all. :shrug:

If you have a genuine issue (past or present) with a trader here then please be open about it.

Having sly digs about traders won't be tolerated - not because we are protecting the traders....it's because we simply don't know whether you (or anyone else) have a justifiable grievance or whether you are making it all up based on hearsay.

Without traders this places ceases to exist (aat least in it's current free format). Vague comments about traders over multiple threads could cause them to give up and leave.

That helps no one and ultimately damages the forum and it's members as a whole.

You don't have to air your problem, but by being vague all you're doing is hurting Abbey, the members of this forum and the forum as a whole. Because no-one really knows the issue, we don't know if Abbey f*cked up a little bit, a massive bit, or whether you're making the whole thing up.

I get the whole not-rocking-the-boat thing, I do, but then you might as well say nothing at all. :shrug:

I get what you're saying I do which is why I try to give a balanced opinion, I don't just tell people they're @*!# and to go elsewhere. As you can see from my original post before the OP started questioning me that I was just trying to say there are other options.

If I started a thread saying 'don't go to abbey' then, yeah, I would say you're all entitled to wonder why I made the topic.

Everyone always says 'Go to Abbey' and they're more than entitled to but why can't I mention to look elsewhere? Strange world we live in.

Edited by mouthwash

If you have a genuine issue (past or present) with a trader here then please be open about it.

Having sly digs about traders won't be tolerated - not because we are protecting the traders....it's because we simply don't know whether you (or anyone else) have a justifiable grievance or whether you are making it all up based on hearsay.

Without traders this places ceases to exist (aat least in it's current free format). Vague comments about traders over multiple threads could cause them to give up and leave.

That helps no one and ultimately damages the forum and it's members as a whole.

So you're basically saying I have to tell everyone what my personal problem is or I'm not allowed to suggest to other individuals to go and look at other options for their servicing? Yeah, okay.

I've never suggested to him NOT to go to Abbey but said that I was looking elsewhere, blowing things out of proportion me thinks.

Getting a bit weird in this thread now.