I give up

tatooandy67

Spotted and blanked again :(

Third time in a row...... Don't see many zeds round about in my area so when I do I'm quite enthusiastic with either a thumbs up or a wave accompanied with a big smile but it seems to be just an exercise in embarrassing myself.....

.... First spot gunmetal convertible bib, wave, smile got a blank look for my effort

.......second spot sunset convertible again bib, wave & my best smile got a frightened looking girl staring vacantly back at me

........third spot beautiful sunset very modified coupe, this has to be an enthusiast as it was a very modded car so again bib thumbs up and a big smile ...... The look on the young lads face who was driving was like who the #### you looking at what the #### do you want so next time I may well just keep my enthusiasm to myself so if you see me and I don't wave at you this is why :(

• Like 2

Spotted and blanked again :(

Third time in a row...... Don't see many zeds round about in my area so when I do I'm quite enthusiastic with either a thumbs up or a wave accompanied with a big smile but it seems to be just an exercise in embarrassing myself.....

.... First spot gunmetal convertible bib, wave, smile got a blank look for my effort

.......second spot sunset convertible again bib, wave & my best smile got a frightened looking girl staring vacantly back at me

........third spot beautiful sunset very modified coupe, this has to be an enthusiast as it was a very modded car so again bib thumbs up and a big smile ...... The look on the young lads face who was driving was like who the #### you looking at what the #### do you want so next time I may well just keep my enthusiasm to myself so if you see me and I don't wave at you this is why :(

haha! bad run of luck. keep trying and I am sure you will come across someone as enthusiastic!

Im gutted i've never been spotted, i've traveled nearly 1000 miles in less than a month and noones spotted me lol!

Bizarrely I got spotted within a month of buying my zed (by a mr doogyrev of all people driving past the owl pub), then when I bought my VX220 someone on that forum spotted me within a week...well heard me first then saw it. Then within a month of getting my skyline I went to my parents place in Elm Park Essex, did some service work on it with him and drove home. Looked on the skyline forum and there it was "White R33 spotted Elm Park" given that there are probably only about 200 white R33s in the UK I thought the odds were that it was me, triumphantly replying to the thread to announce my spotted status and they guy said he liked the black bonnet look...I dont have a black bonnet...I mean, whats the odds that another white R33 drives down the same road as mine on the same day!

Spent most my school days around elm park lol drive round there alot now got friends in the area, this month, i've been up to chelmsford, roundd to harlow, then m11 back down, i've been mimms and back twice, i've been out on random drives to southend several times, not seen another fiddy yet!

I gave a Z a massive thumbs up the other day, big wave and a huge smile, my Mrs normally has a little giggle at me, but this time she was actually properly laughing. I just couldn't work it out, until she pointed out that I was a guy driving a very girly Kia picanto enthusiastically waving at a guy in a 350z... doh!

I have an 80-90% success rate in getting a wave/flash/beep. As far as being spotted, well I spotted a local member and he acknowledged my "spotted" message here on the forum. Other than that a big fat Zero. I've had my Zed for 7 and a half years and Caroline has had hers for 4 years and not a single spotted post. I've been on the forum for 4 years and being the anorak I am actually went through all the spotted posts on the forum as far back as Feb 2007 when I bought the car :blush: . The Invisible man, that's me :lol: .

Pete

• Like 1

I waved at a guy driving a Zed near Rainham roundabout on the A13, I think he just thought I was some loon as I wasnt in a Zed. Just habit! When driving about with Rebecca in the Skyline I still excitedly point out Zeds when I see them.

• Like 1