Best headlight bulbs?

Scott TMN

Hi guys, looking to replace my headlight bulbs (dipped beam for my de)AGAIN, as my ones are quite simply awful. They give off a beam of light opposed to a spread of light, and even this is very short with very light output. Other cars give my car a shadow when driving behind me at night!

So yeah just wondering if anyone has got any bulbs that they are really pleased with, looking good with of course really good light output. I'm thinking around 6K colour wise :)

Thanks in advance.

First off, get the throw adjusted to the max legal limit. That will help massively.

I run the Phillips X-Treme Vision on my MR2, and they're pretty good. Not a patch on HIDs, but about as good as I've found for normal lights.

Is the headlight adjustor for the HID's incorrectly setting the throw of the headlights? I know there are some complaints about the original HID's but when properly adjusted they're perfectly useable and throw out a decent amount of light.

The HID adjustor is next to the rear arb drop link (passenger side I think but don't quote me on that!).

Sent from my AT10LE-A using Tapatalk

Hi mate, thanks for the info. sorry should of mentioned it more, I don't think it's solely the throw of the lights as my standard bulbs were much better, I replaced them to get rid of te yellow and these ones are significantly worse :( so a lot of it is defiantly the bulbs I do believe.

I'm thinking of these ones...?

http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/HID-D2R-Gas-Discharge-Bulbs-6000K-Upgrade-pair.html?bulb_search=car

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

I just got some "off road" higher wattage bulbs and chucked them in.

Much better light output and if adjusted properly no issues with blinding people.

Passed all MOTs without a problem.

Do you have a link ?

(not that I can just buy a set right now of course but curious)