Howdy from Essex!

Hi Folks,

Not yet taken the plunge into the 350z world, currently have a Mitsubshi Evo 6 running at 378bhp. I've joined the forums to gather some recon on the 350z as it's on the list of cars I would love to own, although I really don't know much about them!

I will no doubt badger you all with silly questions but for starters I have 3:

1. How much does it cost to fill the tank and how many miles do you get on 'average'?

2. How much is the yearly road tax?

3. Can I fit my dog in the boot? (serious question)

Cheers!!!!!!

Welcome, grew up in Essex, just outside Grays.

A tank of V power (always run the car on high octane) will set you back around £120 if the tank is empty. Road tax depends on what year/model 350 you go for. As for the boot, it depends on the size of dog.

Thanks Will, trying to navigate my way around the forum, is there no formal 350z for sale section?

Thanks Daryl, how many miles do you usually get to a tank with an average drive? Bit of spirited acceleration in there of course!

I'm looking at a 2005ish model, hopefully the one with the leather interior!

And the dog is medium sized, she's a husky cross german shepherd but on the smaller size to what you'd expect - probably same size as a lab or collie.

• Like 1

To be honest, unless the dog was laying down most of the time,you may struggle with that. Plus with no proper divide between the cockpit and the boot, its probably very dangerous to have them there. Sorry hadnt thought of that in my original post.

As for miles, you can get around 400 out of a tank if its constant motorway, and id say probably 300 with mixed driving, and as little as 200 if your flat chat round a track,maybe less. I averaged 11mpg on one of my first track days.

You will find most cars have the GT pack, so that comes with leather and Bose sounds system. Though the latter sounds more appealing than the actual reality of having it. So dont be surprised to find alot of people change it, or hack it to add an ipod cable.

Hi and :welcome: along

1) £110 (cheaper petrol up north) I only average 21 mpg due to a lot of town driving

2) £285

3) I wouldn't put anything bigger than a Jack Russell in the boot plus it's very high for them to jump in and out of (IMO) :)

Yeh I just read the billion posts about the millage.

I've seen lots of pics of the boot and it looks massive, although I don't suppose you buy a 2 seater sports car to stick the dog in!

Cheers

Edited by Malakie

It is large, but the strut through the middle reduces the space massively. Plus it's very shallow, you can't shut the boot lid with a 2 litre pop bottle standing up

hmmm, this may have foiled my evil plan!

Don't want her sitting in the front really as she's always bloody muddy!

Road Tax for cars registered after 23rd March 2006 is £500.....so what, its only the cost of 2 tanks of fuel !!

We have a couple of golden retrievers and 2 collies, and no way would they fit in the boot I'm afraid. If they did go in there they wouldn't be able to move.

By the way..... :welcome:

Thanks for all the welcomes and great information folks, gonna have to give this a think because by the sounds of things the 350z is cheaper to run than my EVO (desirable) and will no doubt be equally as fun (maybe not in that 'oh @*!# turbo just kicked in' way but in it's own way) but the issue of chucking my dog in it makes me think I should bite the bullet and get something sensible......or a doggy seatbelt for the passenger seat.......lol!

Thanks Will, trying to navigate my way around the forum, is there no formal 350z for sale section?

Thanks Daryl, how many miles do you usually get to a tank with an average drive? Bit of spirited acceleration in there of course!

I'm looking at a 2005ish model, hopefully the one with the leather interior!

And the dog is medium sized, she's a husky cross german shepherd but on the smaller size to what you'd expect - probably same size as a lab or collie.

Here's the Z for Sale Section. Good Luck.

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/51-zeds-for-sale/

CDBF0182-EA4C-4552-9E0B-31C1BF92EF2C_zps9d3czxoa.jpg

You don't want to put your dog in the boot bud, it's really not practical enough.

I've also had her in the footwell with a passenger in, she didn't complain :)

Edited by grundy225
  • Like 1

CDBF0182-EA4C-4552-9E0B-31C1BF92EF2C_zps9d3czxoa.jpg

You don't want to put your dog in the boot bud, it's really not practical enough.

I've also had her in the footwell with a passenger in, she didn't complain :)

So cute!

Welcome along mate! I wouldn't put my dog in the boot, let him or her ride in the front :)

^^^

There is A LOT of room in the footwell due to being no back seats, so you could easily have a medium (husky or lab size) in there with a passenger and the seat fully back.

IMG_0321.jpg

• Like 1

:welcome:

I love the Evo 6 - It was released when I worked at Ralliart. Maybe own one, one day, but the Zed will have to go first. So maybe I won't....

If you're currently carrying your dog in the boot of your Evo, I think the RSPCA might be interested, as it's a saloon! :lol:

^^^

There is A LOT of room in the footwell due to being no back seats, so you could easily have a medium (husky or lab size) in there with a passenger and the seat fully back.

IMG_0321.jpg

That right there is exactly what my dog looks like when I ask her to get out of the Evo!

• Like 1

:welcome:

I love the Evo 6 - It was released when I worked at Ralliart. Maybe own one, one day, but the Zed will have to go first. So maybe I won't....

If you're currently carrying your dog in the boot of your Evo, I think the RSPCA might be interested, as it's a saloon! :lol:

Haha no no she goes in the back seat as she likes to spread out after our very spirited walks around the forrest. You have all managed to convince me that my doggy will be all good in the front. I think I will wait until the winter to start looking seriously as I imagine the prices peak just over the summer time?

Lots of great advice on this forum thanks guys!

Got myself a great Zed bargain between Christmas & New Year so you're right about searching throughout the winter, when peeps might well be preoccupied with other things. You don't seem to be competing with other buyers as much at this time of year.

Anyhow, good luck with your search :thumbs: