One owner 9k miles from new

Saw a local ad for a 350z stating one owner from new and only 9k miles.

Phoned the number and it is a dealer selling on behalf of a client, sounded very good, not serviced every year as far as he knew but there was service history with the car.

Looking at the pics it has the uprated front led lights but not back ones? It is 2006 model and has the uprated interior BUT seats are cloth and all manual, not heated. There is bose fitted but looks different to the ones I have had in my previous GT models. Steering wheel controls fitted.

It was never stated as being a GT version so am assuming it is not. Were cloth seats an option on these on UK cars or is it a standard version. Doesn't appear to be an import as owned from new and UK plate supports.

Would it put you off for resale value the fact it has cloth seats if needed to sell in future?

It'll be much easier if you can give us a link to the car if there is one :)

If it has facelift front lights and not rears, then I'm certain its had a knock. It's also weird that it has Bose but no leather as those options were not available separate…

I would add a link if I knew how but my technical skills are appalling!

It's on eBay anyway. Looks like I was mistaken with the rear LEDs having zoomed in on it further, looks like it does have them, pics aren't the best quality but it is being sold on behalf of the owner. The dealer is very helpful and the car does sound like it has been cherished all of it's life with one owner.

The cloth seats have put me off though, get the impression they were a special order from new as not everyone wants leather. Definitely bose fitted though. At around 10k would say it was a bargain if you prefer cloth.

It'll be much easier if you can give us a link to the car if there is one :)

.......... It's also weird that it has Bose but no leather as those options were not available separate…

All UK cars have Bose !!!!

.......non Bose ........

$_57.JPG

That is a Bose unit

Then why doesn't it say "BOSE" on it like all the other Bose units, like mine?

In reference to your previous posts, I was (and still am) under the impression that base models came with a Clarion unbranded unit, like the one pictured. The CD changer threw me for a second, then I figured that all HR's got a CD changer unit.

BTW, I am aware that the "Bose" HU in GT's is made by Clarion and only the speakers are Bose, this is why I mentioned base models came with an unbranded HU :)

SO in conclusion, I am correct, it's non Bose :D

Yes, that is the HU from a GT, not a base model. The HU is identical in both specs apart from the branding.

GT spec included leather, cruise and Bose 7 speaker system. Base model has cloth, no cruise and either 4 or 6 (not sure if it had tweeters) speaker Clarion system.

all UK 350 Zeds had a Bose Sound System (Head Unit was a re-branded Clarion) (Amplifier and Speakers by Bose)

all UK 350 GT Zeds had an upgraded Bose System (240 watt I believe)

If it's any consolation you are correct regarding the Brembos, seats and cruise

So what you're saying is only GT's have "Bose"?

That's what I'm saying! I don't care who makes what, GT's came with the Bose system, base models didn't. The linked car is a base model because it doesn't have Bose, leather and cruise.

I don't think Bose made the speakers for the base model, but then again I'm not sure they even made them for the GT either :lol:

Anyway...

Oooer, has this opened up a can of worms now?!

Bose or no bose, looks like a good car and great mileage.

I personally didn't go and look at as I wanted full GT spec with heated leather electric seats etc, this one has manual cloth unseated ones I believe.

Just wondered if you guys thought it might keep it's value in years to come without being full GT spec. I don't think it is an import as everything seems to be uk spec otherwise.

I will reiterate what I asked earlier - Why doesn't it say "BOSE" on it then?

Under your logic, all Zeds have BOSE then, UK or otherwise as there were only 2 stereo options available, yet Nissan only chose to advertise the BOSE in their UK GT's and top 2 specs in JDM and USDM.

Oooer, has this opened up a can of worms now?!

Bose or no bose, looks like a good car and great mileage.

I personally didn't go and look at as I wanted full GT spec with heated leather electric seats etc, this one has manual cloth unseated ones I believe.

Just wondered if you guys thought it might keep it's value in years to come without being full GT spec. I don't think it is an import as everything seems to be uk spec otherwise.

It won't make much difference in price, even now you may only get a £500 premium for GT spec, so in the future that will be less relevant.

• Like 1

OP

Sorry to take over the thread with a silly argument ... the car is a standard 2006 UK non-GT ... it looks to be advertised correctly and looks like a good buy (if a little overpriced) ... the only downside as far as I can see is the 2 keys - UK cars should have 2 keys plus a valet key ...

Go and haggle if you fancy it

• Like 2