Damp smell

SunGodRA

see above

Comma Air Conditioning Cleaner

Cladosporium, Penicillium viridicatum and Aspergillus - just some of the hard to pronounce fungal spores that might be co-habiting in your car's air conditioning unit and increasing your chances of suffering from "Sick Car Syndrome".

Scientists have discovered that motorists are susceptible to headaches, flu-like symptoms and even asthma attacks as a result of the micro-organisms quietly multiplying in the moist atmosphere of a vehicle's cooling system. And, if that wasn't bad enough, the fungi deliver a rather nasty, and lingering, smell in the process.

In response, car care manufacturer, Comma, has launched an innovative, cost-effective solution, Air Conditioning Cleaner.

Developed to sanitise and deodorise the cooling system, each canister contains a unique biocide, tested to meet European BS EN 13697 standards, to kill all common bacteria, fungi, mould and even viruses like e-coli.

I agree with the aircon comment. You need to run your aircon regularly all year round to keep it in good working order and stop it ponging. You sometimes notice when you've had it running and then switch it off that there's a slight change in smell.

just out of interest - does it really affect fuel consumption that much? My cabin is nice and comfy if I put both dials on auto with aircon on and set the desired temp but invariably I end up blasting myself with icy cold air then turning it off because mentally I think I'm burning up more fuel.

just out of interest - does it really affect fuel consumption that much? My cabin is nice and comfy if I put both dials on auto with aircon on and set the desired temp but invariably I end up blasting myself with icy cold air then turning it off because mentally I think I'm burning up more fuel.

On new S40 we had it made a 6mpg difference, consistently. I don't think the Zed is that bad, but then what's the point in having it if you're not going to use it...... Plus, as Mike says, a new pump would more than take up any savings! :)

In the engine bay just behind the engine IIRC. There's a tube from the air con unit to drop the fluid on the ground. Is the car leaving a wet patch after use (Jay, Louis - behave!! :p )?

you know me too well :lol:

My last Z had the same problem, it smells like an old man kind of smell :wacko:

Got the stale water changed and was fine :thumbs: