Help Please - Clutch Issues

mikeyb

Hi All,

I have had my car 7 months now,

Its done 23k - It makes a strange tapping noise which goes when the clutch is depressed. I have also noticed that the biting point is really quite high and when setting off in First Gear the whole car judders.

Some friends said sounds like the release bearing when it is sat still and making the strange noise.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Sounds very similar to what I had on my car. Noise on depressing the clutch, high biting point, judder in first.....mine required a new clutch and Dual Mass Flywheel. I think it'd be bad luck if you needed both of those at just 23k but I guess you never really know how it's been driven prior to yourself. You'll be looking at around the £800 mark based on my experience.

Sounds like the release bearing - a common fault.

Mine went while in warranty at 28k and replaced FOC.

Get it to a dealer and if out of warranty and have full history see what nissan UK offer you.

Best if luck!

Edited by Cake

I have similar problems with mine. The juddering i put down to being the DMF failing. I also think the CSC is away, as i have had the pedal stick to the floor once before, and my clutch fluid was dirty and low.

Plan is to go the whole hog and get a Southbend Steel Single Mass Flywheel, Southbend Stage 2 Daily Clutch, Heavy Duty Concentric Slave Cylinder, Master Cylinder and braided flexi clutch hose. Sad thing is, the cost of parts is around £1000 alone!!

Cake - What mileage is your car on?

Edited by ross27

I have similar problems with mine. The juddering i put down to being the DMF failing. I also think the CSC is away, as i have had the pedal stick to the floor once before, and my clutch fluid was dirty and low.

Plan is to go the whole hog and get a Southbend Steel Single Mass Flywheel, Southbend Stage 2 Daily Clutch, Heavy Duty Concentric Slave Cylinder, Master Cylinder and braided flexi clutch hose. Sad thing is, the cost of parts is around £1000 alone!!

Cake - What mileage is your car on?

I'm with you won't be cheep but love the car to much to let this spoil it for me

If I have to get a new clutch an flywheel, Whats the difference in price between the standard replacements and stage 1 clutch and flywheel and is it worth it?

The OEM parts for the HR 350Z and 370Z are still very expensive due to the DMF only being available from Nissan although we will hopefully have a cheap source for them soon.

Cheapest option that we can do is a Competition Clutch Stage 2 Organic clutch kit and lightweight single mass flywheel which is £675 for both. We sell a new OEM Nissan concentric slave cylinder for £120 which I would say is a must to change at the same time.

There is also the option of an uprate concentric slave for £330 which can be seen here http://www.clarkmotorsport.co.uk/parts/Uprated-Concentric-Slave-Cylinder/113278

We have all the above in stock

If I have to get a new clutch an flywheel, Whats the difference in price between the standard replacements and stage 1 clutch and flywheel and is it worth it?

The OEM parts for the HR 350Z and 370Z are still very expensive due to the DMF only being available from Nissan although we will hopefully have a cheap source for them soon.

Cheapest option that we can do is a Competition Clutch Stage 2 Organic clutch kit and lightweight single mass flywheel which is £675 for both. We sell a new OEM Nissan concentric slave cylinder for £120 which I would say is a must to change at the same time.

There is also the option of an uprate concentric slave for £330 which can be seen here http://www.clarkmoto...Cylinder/113278

We have all the above in stock

Hi,

Thanks for coming back with some prices, Is there much difference with the competition Stage 2 clutch and lighten flywheel, because I have heard if you get the lightened flywheel there tends to be a rattling noise at low speeds. Then also with the competition clutch is it alright for everyday driving or is it harder to drive normally with?

Cheers

The CC Stage 2 is very useable as a road clutch and we sell plenty for just that. You will get some chatter at idle up to around 1500rpm from the single mass flywheel but I think that negative is far outweighed by the difference in price to the DMF and the extra performance gain from a SMF.

I'm sure there are people that can comment on how they find their SMF setups compared to the DMF