Hmm will I look like an idiot?

Zedrush

And before you lot just read the title and reply yes, :p PLEASE READ THIS FIRST LOL:

As some of you know I always try and experiment with things, like the mini mac carputer install with touchscreen and wireless internet capabilities:

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7480

B)

Im now thinking of getting a Nintendo Wii fitted in the car, but the following kinda makes me question if its a good idea because:

a.) Ill look like an idiot waving my arms around in the car

b.) My girlfriend would look an idiot on the motorway waving her arms around

c.) People from a distance may question what I am doing and could get arrested as the police may think Im up to no good.

Reasons for doing it, not sure just thought it would be a novelty in the car and if stuck in major tracking which is often in London :yawn: its something to do B)

Whats your views on this?

Bad idea unless it's part of a boot install. Would be cool playing Wii at a car show. I'd stick with either a carputer (if thats what you want) or with a normal console.

The chance of injury with a wii inside the caqr are REALLY high!

Yeh true but thought you dont see too many people put a Wii in a 350z, if Id put an xbox 360 id have to figure out how to get it too work online from the car too, hmm could be a venture and maybe a first :thumbs:

and thanks Trev for such nice words lol :lol:

if Id put an xbox 360 id have to figure out how to get it too work online from the car too, hmm could be a venture and maybe a first :thumbs:

I believe 3G and or vodafone already offer broadband speed connections to mobile devices.

3g/vodafone Mobile PC card connected to the carputer would offer broadband to the in car setup, if this connction were shared via an addition of an rj45 connection to the carputer, you could in theory connect the xbox to the net and enjoy online gaming via the mobile connection, though how good this would be for bandwidth intensive games (only 256k upload I think on mobile broadband) I dont know - for simpler stuff it should in theory work.

But to purchase the kit and use it online for long periods of time, you'll need deep pockets. And it will still only work when you have decent coverage from the chosen network. :surrender:

hmm wonder if I can get a broadband unit for the car so that it can link up, from experience I use to get very good wireless internet coverage from any barclays banks and some houses. Perhaps some kind of warhammer unit that picks up local hotspots to sync up with then play online with the xbox

:doh:

Dont put a Wi in the car or i will beat you with the controller!

Stick to a carputer because lets face it, you dont spend your time in the car playing games really, you spend them driving. Or is that why you are a crap driver? ;)

:lol: Nice to know there is so much love here lol, so does anybody know then if I get an xbox where I can get a broadband unit which can help me sync and feed of other peoples network so I can go online and play.

You see I realised, sometimes having these seemingly pointless gizmos in the car really does help when it comes to the sale of the car. In total I had 14 main interests in my last car (had alot of calls but you get alot of timewasters so dont bother with them) and nearly every calls starting point was the wireless internet mac carputer, really does give the edge and I believe it is a good selling point when I plan too way down the line.

Its like wanting a heated swimming pool in your back garden, you think its going to be a great Idea, you make plans to have barbeques and get the whole family over and its all top marks in your head, but after its installed and reality sinks in of cant be arsed to get wet and dry yourself, the novelty wears off and you end up just leaving it and not using it, but after 5 years of no use when it comes to selling the house, you are glad you got it as its a good selling point :thumbs:

:lol: Nice to know there is so much love here lol, so does anybody know then if I get an xbox where I can get a broadband unit which can help me sync and feed of other peoples network so I can go online and play.

You see I realised, sometimes having these seemingly pointless gizmos in the car really does help when it comes to the sale of the car. In total I had 14 main interests in my last car (had alot of calls but you get alot of timewasters so dont bother with them) and nearly every calls starting point was the wireless internet mac carputer, really does give the edge and I believe it is a good selling point when I plan too way down the line.

Its like wanting a heated swimming pool in your back garden, you think its going to be a great Idea, you make plans to have barbeques and get the whole family over and its all top marks in your head, but after its installed and reality sinks in of cant be arsed to get wet and dry yourself, the novelty wears off and you end up just leaving it and not using it, but after 5 years of no use when it comes to selling the house, you are glad you got it as its a good selling point :thumbs:

I think you've hit on something there, Jay - I don't know of anyone who's put a heated swimming pool in their Zed! You'd probably look a bit silly splashing about at the lights and would no doubt short the Wii but what the hell - its a challenge!

Wii in your car! :wacko::lol:

I think you've hit on something there, Jay - I don't know of anyone who's put a heated swimming pool in their Zed! You'd probably look a bit silly splashing about at the lights and would no doubt short the Wii but what the hell - its a challenge!

And they made you moderator because..... ?????? :p;)

And they made you moderator because..... ?????? :p;)

He threatened to steal all their wheels and put their zeds on bricks ;)