meguires headlight restore kit

Pete87

So as we all know the headlights go cloudy mine were not too bad but still annoyed me so I got a kit in halfords and gave it ago. I need to do the Mrs MR2 so thought I'd try it on mine first. It took abit of time but end results were really good about an hour to do both headlights. Definitely worth the £22 I spent on it.

• Like 1

I got some of this and on our old Clio it worked a treat. However, on our Scooby it made no difference. I spent an hour on one headlight and it did nothing. Even tried the toothpaste method after and still no difference. Any other tips or is it a case of new headlights?

Few more better pictures in the dry and after a coat of wax

IMAG0233.jpg

IMAG0234.jpg

IMAG0235.jpg

IMAG0236.jpg

Only tips was after the first go on the drivers headlight there were still marks so I did it again, and spent alot of time going over them with the two finer bits of same paper.

I did mine a couple of years ago using 2500grit wet n dry then gave them a wax and to complete the job I used a marine grade UV protectant clear urethane varnish just to give them that extra protection. They still look the dogs dangly bits.

Personally I used GTechnic C4 to seal the lights, works great.

Also to cut down on the time factor, I used my DA polisher to do the lights.

First used wet&dry 1200 grit, followed by 2000 grit, then DA polisher for rubbing compound, the DA again for the PlastRX, then seal with C4. Total time was 25 mins for both headlights