My day with plasti dip

Dean_1983

Ok so I know this might not be to everyone's taste but I really like silver / white cars with black rims ... But I wanted to see if I liked the look on my own 350 .. Sooo I opted to go for plasti dip as it can be easy removed if I decide I'm not a fan / sell the car

Studied You Tube on the best application and felt like It was within my ability level .... Just :)

Over the moon with the results went on nice and smooth , still not decided if I'm adding the gloss . So as the car sits it's matt black

Done the wheels , part of the front bumper and areal ( this was scabby) azabaput.jpge7ybazy2.jpgy4uva9aj.jpg9abe8a7y.jpg

This is after 1 coat .. Very light

u9e9ate6.jpgdy3ehupa.jpg second coat

y3aqubyz.jpgzupeve8u.jpgvy9e4a2y.jpgudejaqah.jpg

4 coats in total so far if I'm not going gloss , I will add one more ... japu7e8a.jpgzupa3e9y.jpg

All thought and comments welcome :) good or bad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Yeah guys in you tube have ran it over a year ... Any chips can be touched up with another coat ... All in it's cost me 50 quid so if it peels off in a few months or I get sick of it it's no issue really

u7y8y7ad.jpgguge8aru.jpgerujazar.jpg

Some final pics ... Not sure if it's the dark wheels or not but got told "nice car" twice on the way home .. Once at the petrol station from an older gent and once at the shop when I was stopped to get milk and a few things ...

Plasti dip has convinced me that I'd like the alloys powder coated if this doesn't last long so that's a plus

Wee close up a3e4ygus.jpg

Doesn't look bad and the colour is great against the silver/gun metal of the Zed. B)

You missed a bit though. :oops: Directly opposite the valve near the wheel nuts. Look's like it needs another coat. No offence just OCD won't let it lye. :huh:

Plasti-cote looks good from a distance but I couldn't get the finish good when I used it - without it looking dimpled I mean.

I'm toying with the thought of doing wing mirrors in black, but might end up spraying them instead.

Agree the darker wheels suit the lighter car (my previous two cars were light coloured with dark wheels) - and it just so happens I have a darker set for sale..LOL and not far from you Dean. ;)

Plasti-cote looks good from a distance but I couldn't get the finish good when I used it - without it looking dimpled I mean.

That happens when the coats are too thick or you spray too close, it needs multiple thin layers.

• Like 1

Yeah after having it on the car for 2 days I'm still a fan ... However I do intend on getting the alloys powder coated ... It's an odd feeling having it on the wheels ... Like your being a fake !

Nice job - looks really great B)

I was thinking about doing something similar with my existing Rays - can the same sort of thing be done if they are re-furbished?

(Don't know exactly what I'm talking about here - but can I have my existing Rays re-coloured the same as this?)

Nice job - looks really great B)

I was thinking about doing something similar with my existing Rays - can the same sort of thing be done if they are re-furbished?

(Don't know exactly what I'm talking about here - but can I have my existing Rays re-coloured the same as this?)

If you are going to have your alloys refurbished then they can do the alloys any colour you want pretty much. ;)

If you are going to have your alloys refurbished then they can do the alloys any colour you want pretty much. ;)

Ta!

I'm going to look into this - can anyone recommend someone near South Manchester?

Might get more of a response if you post your own thread asking for recommendations near you.

Lot's of people on here who have had their Rays or other alloys refurbed so bound to be someone near South Manchester that can do it. ;)

Edited by GMballistic