Point and shoot

-Bradders-

Hi all,

Off to turkey next month and want to get the Mrs point and shoot camera, anyone have any good recommendations preferably under £100?

She found this :

http://www.argos.co....ber/5599444.htm

But only goes on how nice it looks not what it does lol.

Thanks in advance

Wait, is that camera designed for Selfies?!?!?!?!!
  • Like 2

Got to love a selfie! :lol:

Whats wrong with a camera phone? Unless you have an iGay, the cameras on phones are pretty good these days.

and means easy access to post up your drunken mistakes in the morning

I don't drink, so I'm ok :D

Whats wrong with a camera phone? Unless you have an iGay, the cameras on phones are pretty good these days.

ever?

ever?

Not really, rather waste my money on cars, I've probably had less than 60 alcoholic beverages in my life :lol:

My personal view is as the others, for most pix these days the camera on your mobile phone is adequate for the job, especially if you have a smart phone - which lets face it most of us have. I'd be looking for something that does a job over and above what the phone cam is capable of. I had similar to one of these: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fujifilm-FinePix-S2950-Digital-Camera/dp/B004G8Q600/ref=sr_1_8?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1400669361&sr=1-8&keywords=bridge+camera which is an awesome thing, especially for that kind of money. - And, it IS pretty much point and shoot, I am fond of my pix but by no means a photographer but this turned out great pix no problem. I upgraded to the 'Nikon' top of their range bridge camera and was sadly disappointed because for all that extra money I was actually getting less quality pix!!

• Like 1

my advice would be stick with brands that are known for making just cameras and imaging devices, rather than big electronics brands... so Canon, Nikon, Kodak and so on. My GF bought a Kodak a while back and its still shooting awesome photos, way better than the camera on my 1 year old Sony Xperia smartphone. Its all about getting light into the camera, a smartphone just cant cut it cost its got such a tiny lens, you'll have no chance in anything other than perfect light.

• Like 1

my advice would be stick with brands that are known for making just cameras and imaging devices, rather than big electronics brands... so Canon, Nikon, Kodak and so on. My GF bought a Kodak a while back and its still shooting awesome photos, way better than the camera on my 1 year old Sony Xperia smartphone. Its all about getting light into the camera, a smartphone just cant cut it cost its got such a tiny lens, you'll have no chance in anything other than perfect light.

It's funny, maybe because I'm rubbish at photography etc, but the camera on my xperia Z1 is amazing, way more impressive than I need, I've also got the fancy wireless lens attachment and that just blows my mind with how good it is :lol:

• Like 1