Jap Import Intermittent Driver Side Window

AaronC350z

Hello All,

I seem to be having an issue with my driver side window... Sometimes it will go down sometimes it wont !

I still have power going to the controls as the drivers side window operates as it should the wing mirrors fold, locking button works ect.. I have had the control unit out and everything appears to be normal, checking the wiring loom for breaks or snags in the wiring.

I was wondering if this is a common fault ? Could it be the switch not functioning correctly ? Or could it be the window motor itself ?

Any advice is appreciated ! Looking to get the issue resolved asap due to the nice weather coming in ! :)

Thanks regards,

Aaron

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had the same problem so purchased another motor, but when I took it apart the motor had become detached from the regulator. It would work now and then as it hadn't completely detached.

I advise looking before you buy another motor.

• Like 1

This happens on mine, I just punch the door card and they work. Haha.
lol lol lol !!!!! :) Hahaha I done this gave it a good wack and if worked haha ! but recently the wacking doesn't seem to be working ! :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

As ChrisB mentions these motors get totally filled with crap but can be cleaned out and the brushes replaced. I can't remember the link but there's a part number for the brushes which are really cheap. I don't want to be taking money out of Alex's hand but you could end up saving £170 plus.

• Like 1