Vinyl Wrapping - tips, advise?

Tackleberry

Next few weeks i'll be taking a few days off work to give myself plenty time to wrap my car. Has anyone done this themselves already and can share wisdom in terms of what to look out for? Plan to remove things like bumpers, side indicators etc. As i say i'll be taking this super slow. Any tips, useful tools or advise would be appreciated.

Yeah i've watched nearly every video i could find on how vinyl works, best conditions, how to heat it etc etc. At the stage now where its a case of getting stuck in and seeing how it goes! Will certainly be having a mate help out preferably one with steady hands and good attention to detail!

• 2 weeks later...

Things you need to wrap your car: a scalpel, preferably Hexis degreaser, a heat gun, wrapping gloves, a thermometer, another pair of hands if poss, and somewhere undercover.

Remove all dirt, wax and tar, remove indicators, badges etc, headlights and rear lights you can probably leave on, wash and degrease the whole car including door shuts, nooks and crannies as youll be folding the material into a lot of these.

Leave overnight or at least 3-4 hours to enable the car to fully dry out.

Dont expect the vinyl to perform miracles. Hexis or 3m are the best vinyls...i prefer 3m but theyre both very good.

Dont buy the material from ebay!!!!!!!....or china!!!!

Post heat after each section you apply. You dont need to post heat everything, only where youve stretched considerably. Post heat to 90 holding the thermometer about 5-6 inches from the car.

Hope this helps!!

Dorking is a long way from near Durham... At least thats where I think Billingham is...

Whoops, got confused between Billingham and Billing, which is about an hour and a half away. Scratch that one :lol:

Dorking is a long way from near Durham... At least thats where I think Billingham is...

Whoops, got confused between Billingham and Billing, which is about an hour and a half away. Scratch that one :lol:

No worries gadge. Cheers for the shout though!