paint code KY0

PiGFoetus

I'm going to try to touch up the increasing number of small paint chips on my front bumper. The paint code for the car is KY0 or KYO, which is some kind of silver.

Halfords website claims that their "Nissan Blade silver" is the correct colour. The guy in Halfords when I went in looked it up on the system and said it was Nissan Silver Metallic (which was also in the rack and looked lighter than the Blade Silver) or that he could make me up a batch. I've looked online and seen KY0 as being described as being Chrome Metallic Silver, Brilliant Silver and Diamond Silver.

So I am a tad confused as to what I should be looking for.

Anyone any experience of touching up this paint code and can advise?

Likely to end I an O not a zero as all nissan colours are 3 letters, black rose was NAG.

I was told if the dealers don't have the colour (as is the case for black rose as they just don't do it in a touch up) give any reputable paint shop that code and they will mix it.

Phoned TGM today for that exact reason and they are going to quote me

Likely to end I an O not a zero as all nissan colours are 3 letters, black rose was NAG.

I was told if the dealers don't have the colour (as is the case for black rose as they just don't do it in a touch up) give any reputable paint shop that code and they will mix it.

Phoned TGM today for that exact reason and they are going to quote me

I've already got some mixed up Will - haven't checked it for a while, but if ok, can bring it with me next week

I have a paint shop who does a lot of work on my flet vehicles and had him paint my 313 bonnet and repaint my original bumper and had a lot of trouble getting a perfect match we done the job 3 times until i was happy as he had the right code but there was 32 tint options ? ended up as KY02 and had green tint ,mine is not a blade more gun metal if that helps

• 1 month later...

Just has some bits n bobs done on mine. He took the paint code KYO from the engine bay. And although my grey has a slight tinge of green in it depending on the light, the paint was bang on match. My painter said there are 9 colours in this code green being one. He uses Glasrout or Dupon paint.

You could ask any paintshop to mix you some up in a jam jar but make sure you ask them to add a thickner so that it can be applied with a small brush, otherwise its too thin (to suit gun application)