Skyline 3.5 GT Auto - 4 questions - Traders/Anyone?

NeilMH

1. What is the availability of "normal" parts - e.g. required for normal maintenance and repair - e.g. pads, disks, bushes, exhaust etc (think engine is same)?

2. Same question re parts availability for mild modification? Presumably would Uprev same?

3. As import is the level of underbody protection lower than a UK car?

4. Any big issues or concerns for, say, a 3 year ownership prospect?

Left leg/knee shot so starting to look at autos (can't afford 370 - already know enough about 350 tip imports - I think/hope)

Thanks, in advance.

Thanks Flex. I think it might be someone else because the TrickyDicky I can find hasn't made any posts as yet (or am I doing something wrong?)

Bugger, sure it was him, hopefully someone else can remember...........

1. What is the availability of "normal" parts - e.g. required for normal maintenance and repair - e.g. pads, disks, bushes, exhaust etc (think engine is same)? Same as 350Z except exhaust

2. Same question re parts availability for mild modification? Presumably would Uprev same? Similar to 350Z except body panels.

3. As import is the level of underbody protection lower than a UK car? Imports are usually rust free and the Jap UP with be up to the job.

4. Any big issues or concerns for, say, a 3 year ownership prospect? Similar concerns as 350Z

Alex :)

Neil

I have a JDM auto and most things are the same. Bloody love the "triptronic" gearbox and after a year I've not had any problems. Mine has also had an "up-rev" at Horesham developments, and with a few usual upgrades was pushing out 300bhp on the rolling road. :thumbs:

Edited by firemansim

Thanks Flex. I think it might be someone else because the TrickyDicky I can find hasn't made any posts as yet (or am I doing something wrong?)

Tricky Ricky ;)

• Like 2

Tricky Ricky ;)

:lol:

Close though :)

• Like 2

1. What is the availability of "normal" parts - e.g. required for normal maintenance and repair - e.g. pads, disks, bushes, exhaust etc (think engine is same)? Same as 350Z except exhaust

2. Same question re parts availability for mild modification? Presumably would Uprev same? Similar to 350Z except body panels.

3. As import is the level of underbody protection lower than a UK car? Imports are usually rust free and the Jap UP with be up to the job.

4. Any big issues or concerns for, say, a 3 year ownership prospect? Similar concerns as 350Z

Alex :)

Thank you Alex. That helps a lot. :thumbs:

Thanks everyone else. Will have a look at Ricky as opposed to Dicky :)

• Like 1

Pm replied to with all the answers I wanted. Thank you Tricky-Ricky :thumbs:

The only issue is that body panels are not easily available but otherwise broadly speaking a 350z with a longer body. Hence, why the exhaust is longer, as per Alex's earlier reply.

If you have any questions I might be able to help. I've had my Skyline 350GT for 10 years now and I've never really had any issues. Just normal wear and tear for the most part. I'm now supercharged with a built engine so I've been down that route if you have any questions there as well. Tricky Ricky is the guy I would ask if I had questions though. Seems like a very knowledgeable chap.

• Like 1

No worries at all mate, 5yrs of ownership for me...wanted a zed but needed more seats and love the rarity of owning the 350gt :)

Coldel you are indeed correct dude, can order from the states pre fabricated

Sai

• Like 1

Yep :thumbs: - I've starting looking at the Skyline Forum with the dedicated section and there is some useful info in there.

There is also the issue that I own the 350 jointly with a mate (as per the Caterhams and Elise, etc earlier) so I need to check out his views as well. The advantage is that the Skylines are good value for money (my oppo and his wife have recently taken on a major house renovation project). I have also started to look at some cars that might be future classics. I feel like we may have missed the boat on the Merc R107s unless I want to get a bit of a basket case - I don't.

• Like 1