Windscreen Washer Problem

MarkW

My left hand side wiper is not squirting any water. The washer tank is full, and ive checked for any obvious loose connections. The right hand side works fine (which is fortunate as its the driver side :) )

Anything else obvious I can check or is it a back to the dealer job. Half of my windscreen is completely smeared in bugs at the moment!

• 1 month later...

been to try again, the passenger side comes out a little bit but the drivers side just drips so i guess the pipes still attached, got a air line at work if someone can point out which pipes i need to take off (not looked myself :blush: ) then i could blow it out :)

or maybe the motor for the front jets is knackered if so would it covered by the warranty, only got a few months left now :)

• 2 months later...

just had my Z serviced and m.o.t'd they did a temporary fix for my wash wipers (see attached pic).

where the little copper pipe is now there was a little white valve that needs replacing, they should be phoning me when's it's in to have it fitted :)

its a case of gunk and other hard materials clogging the thin jet. even when u poke it with a pin or needle the blockage falls back into the tube that brings in the water....next time the motor works..the material is pushed up into the jet again...

IMO..try this..it has worked for me...use the needle to clean the jet as much as possible...the try to remove the water tube and let the motor pump some water through the tube to run off any materials in the water..the water held in the tube from the wiper down would flow out with the material as well..hopefully...

bobby

Isn't it a non return valve. Like fitted on the rear but fail and water leaks when hard accelerating.

think it was as i removed the black pipe and non of the water escaped from the clear ones.

tried the above solution but to no avail, hence i mentioned it on the service and they're replacing the valve so must have been defective :(

• 4 weeks later...
on the subject of washers - my left one shoots water to the side, completely missing the windscreen and squirting pedestrians (which is quite funny). I've tried poking a pin in but it hasn't made any difference.

while the pin is inserted, aim in more toward the windscreen like using a joystick.

• 11 months later...

I had this problem on another car and solved it.

I used to buy cheap screen wash and over a time my washers stopped working on a new vx vectra i used to own. Again using a forum it was suggested that the water bottle was clogged up. On inspection all the blue screen wash had gone all lumpy and was blocking all the pipe work that went to the wipers ect.

I had to drain it out and the problem was solved. I use the pink solution which i find better and every other time put warm water in and no mix which will help in diluting any clogging up that may occur. :D:D

Surely there cant be much difference between the blue stuff and the pink :wacko: ?

I didnt think so but the cheap blue stuff goes like jelly and stick's inside the washer bottle but the pink stuff a little more expensive is of better quality and does not turn to jelly. :D

Surely there cant be much difference between the blue stuff and the pink :wacko: ?

I didnt think so but the cheap blue stuff goes like jelly and stick's inside the washer bottle but the pink stuff a little more expensive is of better quality and does not turn to jelly. :D

Intresting, what about the green stuff, lol, saw some in tesco last night, some late night shopping and was only 69p, lol, thought sod it that will do for at least my mg, :lol:

Intresting, what about the green stuff, lol, saw some in tesco last night, some late night shopping and was only 69p, lol, thought sod it that will do for at least my mg, :lol:

Oh not the GREEN stuff :scare::scare: that takes the paint off your car :lol::lol: get what you pay for. :D

Oh not the GREEN stuff :scare::scare: that takes the paint off your car :lol::lol: get what you pay for. :D

:lol: , Will just stick it in the mg then :lol: