SOLD - 18� Rays and (or together with...) Michelin Pilot Alpin PA3 winter tyres

TimFF

See below - willing to split tyres from wheels...

4 18†Rays with standard sized Michelin Pilot Alpin PA3 winter tyres – the Rays all have kerb rash (not me!) but are otherwise almost pristine. I can find some tiny scratches but there’s no lifting or corrosion.

I can email the original images if you want a closer look.

The tyres were bought in December 2011 and by my mileage records have just over 3000 miles put on them. If you can read upside down (sorry, the cheapo depth gauge doesn't have an accelerometer…) you can make out there’s c7.3mm tread remaining.

The pros and cons of winter tyres have been debated on here, but I can only say that I felt so much more confident on icy roads.

I'm asking £750ono – the tyres alone cost me a lot more than that.

I’d much prefer collection (I'm near Gatwick) but at a push I would be prepared to send via Paisley Freight (or Shiply etc). That looks to be around £40 itself but I don’t have anywhere near enough cardboard or bubble wrap here at home so would need to buy or scavenge some.

Drop me a PM if you’re interested.

August update...These are still up for grabs, despite PMs from several members saying variously 'I definitely want them, I'll get back to you soon' or 'I just need to check with someone but will PM you next weekend'. I'm still waiting...

As per a post below I'm now in a position to split the Rays (£350ono) from the Michelins (£500ono - still less than half price new...) should someone want either just the rims or the tyres...

TimFF

IMG_6290.jpg

IMG_6296.jpg

IMG_6294.jpg

IMG_6293.jpg

IMG_6291.jpg

IMG_6299.jpg

IMG_6300.jpg

IMG_6301.jpg

IMG_6302.jpg

Edited by TimFF
  • Like 1

Personally I'd split the tyres from the rims.

I also have these tyres and paid around £900!! Say for instance you sell the tyres for £600 and Rays for £300-400, you're quids in over your original price.

Worth having a bash, they're very good winter tyres.

Personally I'd split the tyres from the rims.

I also have these tyres and paid around £900!! Say for instance you sell the tyres for £600 and Rays for £300-400, you're quids in over your original price.

Worth having a bash, they're very good winter tyres.

I like your thinking, but would anyone realistically pay £600 for second hand 18" tyres?!

Edited by 370Ad

I did indeed debate splitting the rims and tyres, but I'm trying to get space back, not eat more up! I don't have a car that can fit the 4 fitted tyres and wheels in, let alone loose wheels and tyres...

As Wasso pointed out, those tyres are NOT cheap and at £750, assuming reasonable Rays are £300, they're less than half price with around 15% wear...

Just thought I'd try here before heading to fleBay, if there's a better place for 350 specific stuff I've yet to find it.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...