2013 370z sport track build :)

Quarter work, no fun.

imagejpg1_zps9017d8f0.jpg

imagejpg2_zps85c37aa0.jpg

Sand, primer, paint. Almost done. Took a week for the quarter to show up. Just got it last night.

imagejpg2_zps423b91ff.jpg

Done. Ready for paint. Getting the fender lip rolled at a fender rolling party since the new one needs to be tucked under the inner fender. Now it's sealed and bed liner sprayed for protection.

imagejpg3_zps866c0a29.jpg

Edited by synolimit

Finished the vents :).

I got 22g steel and cutout the hole and to fit the windows shape. I had some 2.5" SS pipe laying around that I then tac welded to the steel. Then I bondo'd filled the gaps for an air/water tight seal then plasti dipped everything because that is also water proof. Then I siliconed in front and behind the steel for a water tight finish and used self tapping screws to secure it to the body.

The air flow in is very great because the 2.5" pipe is at the back of the vent. It acts like a big parachute and funnels all the air into the pipe. The rear brakes should remain pretty cool :tup:

imagejpg1_zps9eece246.jpg

imagejpg2_zpsb0e2c1ed.jpg

imagejpg1_zps3a646bfe.jpg

imagejpg3_zps1363c910.jpg

imagejpg4_zps05a2f5ca.jpg

nice build. i prefer the wheels in silver though. and you have alot of abreviations like CBE and AOS that i havnt got a clue what they are :lol: . either way though good for you for making things yourself and for having big balls for cutting the hood etc :teeth:

Lol cat back exhaust and air oil separator. Thanks.

• Like 1

I try not to haha. I'm not a great finisher though, a little rough around the edges because I rush but I do try.

Lol yeah a little. I look back now though after doing the quarter panel and it's no big deal anymore to cut.

that pic right there is awesome, looks totally mad max! love the cooling ducts aswell thats a great idea. cant believe i just came on for a quick look thismorning and now ive sat for about 45 mins reading your build :lol:

Yeah it looks kinda cool not being perfect and mint.

If you have time I'll post the USA build with thread links to all my DIY.

http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-gallery/72829-2013-sport-build.html

Edited by synolimit
  • Like 1

Brilliant write up, very intensive :thumbs:

Hope this doesn't affect you're warranty :lol:

Awesome B)

Lol warranty. My friends refer to me like the Stig..."some say no one touches his car but he." If anything goes wrong I'll build something to fix it haha.

• 2 months later...

Decided to paint my whole car with rattle can paint! :stirthepot: The car was originally metallic silver (I wanted white but hate nissans pearl white! Next to a real white, the pearl looks yellow) but after an accident where I had to replace the passenger quarter panel, it came primered black. so instead of having the quarter panel painted to match the car I decided to just plasti dip matte white.

The plasty dip looks good, has held up okay and is easy to fix with dip fix but when you touch up a spot with spray cans the over spray makes fuzz on the car. if you mask off sections to protect from over spray you get a clear raised line. With plasti dip you need to paint a whole panel after a fix and white needs like 100 coats to cover! I'm just tired of fixing spots and the last reason to remove the plasti dip is I just miss smooth gloss of normal paint! If you want to plasti dip a car pick a dark color!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's plasti dip matte white

imagejpg2_zps6a157be2.jpg

Ok to start...red scotch bright pad to scuff the clear coat off of your less than 1 year old car :)

imagejpg4_zps4cebc27a.jpg

imagejpg5_zps8be6c0d8.jpg

Next, primer after you clean the surface with acetone. I did about 3-4 coats. First ones lighter, then to heavier ones. After several hours I wet sanded with 600 grit paper till it was baby smooth.

After 48hrs to harden I then cleaned the primered surface with isopropyl alcohol. Then I sprayed about 3-4 coats, again light to heavy with original Chrysler white from duplicolor. It's the 4th white I tried and whitest white I could find.

After another 48hrs I wet sanded with 2000 grit paper. You can see all the orange peel which is why I had to. You want to sand out all the shine till its 100% dull.

imagejpg2_zpsd24a65b3.jpg

Still shiny

imagejpg6_zpsc9fd878a.jpg

Just right

imagejpg8_zps7f2a8e39.jpg

Then I used Maguires rubbing compound with a rough wash cloth. You can already see a night and day difference!

imagejpg7_zpsb9237390.jpg

imagejpg1_zps15552c46.jpg

Then I used Maguires polishing compound and a micro fiber rag. Looking very clear!!

imagejpg9_zps5bcab15f.jpg

imagejpg3_zps900ab753.jpg

Last I still need to wax it with Maguires carnauba wax after its hardened a few weeks. Not bad if I say so myself. The rest of the panels will be done one at a time.

imagejpg11_zps934f8821.jpg

Edited by synolimit
  • Like 1

So glossy!!!

imagejpg1_zps428fc97a.jpg

Not as white as the plasti dip white but like I said, it's the whitest I could find :(. Once done with no PD left it will look like a really white car. I'll need to find a OEM white Z and compare the two.

imagejpg2_zps4d559801.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Decided to change out my cai system that uses the OEM MAF section. It's only 2.35" ID which matched the throttle body. Now that my TB is 2.48", I need to have the piping bigger. From the way I understand it, your intake should taper down in size and not up. Tapering down would increase air flow like air going through a compressor on a turbo. I'm going with 2.75" OD pipe or about 2.63" ID. That should have the system bigger than the TB and really help. I bought new MAF housings and they showed up today. Only $40 on ebay. I'm still waiting on the pipe. I'll post pics soon.

imagejpg1_zps893593c6.jpg

Ok all done.

Instead of running the CAI like the Stillen I had before, I decided to change it up a bit. Since my piping is now bigger I also want it to flow faster and better. So I took out the 90* bend the pipe took to sit behind the bumper and kept my 45* coupling and ran the filter down into the wheel well. Bigger, better, faster, more power!!!!

imagejpg1_zps67250005.jpg

imagejpg2_zps7a02e025.jpg

Since I won't be able to drive to the tuner with the new MAF housing I modded the system so I could drive there with the OEM MAF housing and right on the dyno I can swap it out to the new MAF housing. August 8th can't come soon enough!

imagejpg4_zpsf50506a1.jpg

imagejpg3_zps67dc8ef9.jpg

Here's everything I took out. I even re-ran the AOS lines which saved some weight haha

imagejpg5_zpsfc5649b4.jpg