Roadster roof help needed

Kev

This is common , the roof fabric don't like cold temps so all you need to do to test if it's just that problem is close the roof put the car heaters on full cover the roof with a cover to help heat the roof up faster, then give it a go again,,, you can also uses some clear grease on the roofs frame , this should sort it out ,,,

Hope it helps and what ever you do don't take it nissan they will say the hole roof has to be changed they are STUPED !!!

And forgot to say if it's not being used for a long time the fabric/ vinyl gets tuff this happened to me when I got my car

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Briggsybriggs1
  • Like 1

Tried leaving the heater on for a hour today. Still wouldn't come down fully :(

Can anyone recommend somebody that knows their way around a roadster roof in the Manchester area?

Thanks.

Mine did this after not being opened for a while, I just worked it back and to on the switch until it eventually went down all the way of its own accord, been OK ever since! :)

How many times did it take?

I'm paranoid about burning the motor out.

Mine did this after not being opened for a while, I just worked it back and to on the switch until it eventually went down all the way of its own accord, been OK ever since! :)

How many times did it take?

I'm paranoid about burning the motor out.

It took 6 or 7 attempts to get ours down a couple of weeks ago. As soon as it sticks then release the open button and close it again. Next time you try, while its in the position in the above photo apply some grease to all of the joints you can find, you can also give the hood a bit of a push but don't force it down. As already stated its a common problem, we've experienced this every year in the spring first time we've taken it down for 4 years.

Pete

• Like 1

^ Yea, took mine a few times too, you don't need to close it all the way just back and to a little on the rocker switch to the point where it is sticking, I personally wouldn't be that worried about burning the motors out, if they go - then they would have been on the way out anyway, they are designed to do millions of operations without burning out! Funny, Pete, I'm just over the border in Cheshire and the OP is near Manchester, maybe it's something in the air? :lol:

I didn't grease them.

The car had been stood in a multi-storey since last august so the roof fabric was a bit stiff.

The owner told me he'd lost the log book and service history so I was pleased to find both in the boot.

I've had the car for around a week.

I didn't grease them.

The car had been stood in a multi-storey since last august so the roof fabric was a bit stiff.

The owner told me he'd lost the log book and service history so I was pleased to find both in the boot.

I've had the car for around a week.

That explains the roof Kev, would be any harm giving it a bit of lube.

Nice find getting the service book and log book,

Enjoy it for the Summer. :thumbs:

• Like 1