can you get points for stopping in a yellow box junction

ostego

Was joining a round about and noticed i was stationary for about 2 seconds inside a yellow criss cross box, there were 2 blue cameras to my left that looked like the private roadmaster cameras!

I then kept moving at about 2mph abd got out of the box.

Could these cameras have been ones that check if youre stopping in a box? They were quite low and blue with no sognage so just assumed they were roadmaster.

If i were to get a fine.... would i get points as well? Am pranging out now as my insurance jumps by about 500 if i get points!

It's not illegal to stop, but it's illegal to enter when your exit is not clear. As such, yes it's illegal to stop.

No points though, just a PCN. Adjust your forward vision to prevent getting a ticket in the future, in case a box junction does have the proper cameras. ;)

• Like 1

There was an utterly daft yellow box at the northern end of Kew Bridge, people (myself included) always got caught as you pull up to it, other side clear, you go, someone pulls out from right or left and nicks the gap that was there, fine.

I complained, paid the fine but complained, heard lots of other people did - box disappeared a few months back, success for the motorist!

Was stopped for a second or two, but then my mate said you could get points for it... as long as there are no points involved then im happy!

Wasnt even in a city or anything so doubt a council would be enforcing it, guess it is just suspiciously placed roadmaster cameras!