Back box/ Rear silencer delete?

Neoncypher

Hi all,

On my Youtube travels I came across a video of a 350z with a rear silencer/ back box delete (video below), and I wondered if anyone here has done this or has any more information on it (Is it legal/ mpg affected/ too loud etc?). It still has the stock cats and resonator - I think it sounds pretty good....

Cheers

It will be pretty damn loud, yes! Technically it's also illegal, but only as much as it's illegal to alter any exhaust primarily for the benefit of making it louder.

Personally, I think it'll just be volume over tone.

I figured it would be louder obviously, but in the videos I've seen it doesn't sound crazy loud - actually doesn't sound as loud as the Japspeed K1 to me, although I haven't heard them in the metal obviously.

Ekona, is it really illegal? I didn't think there was any road law against volume? My knowledge is admittedly limited on these things though.

• 4 weeks later...

I figured it would be louder obviously, but in the videos I've seen it doesn't sound crazy loud - actually doesn't sound as loud as the Japspeed K1 to me, although I haven't heard them in the metal obviously.

Ekona, is it really illegal? I didn't think there was any road law against volume? My knowledge is admittedly limited on these things though.

Almost certain that there are laws about exhaust volume.

I remember having a conversation with some scrote in eurocarparts who had been stopped with a 'cherry bomb' on the back of his car.......sadly I'm not down enough with the lingo to know what the hell that means!

I was also thinking about this.... Does anyone know what the pipe work looks like I see the back box? On the e90 m3 they cut a hole in the box tape the pipes up ( or half of them) and weld it back up.... Just wandering if this could be done to the zed?