Dead battery - keep needing to jump start

Richparry2009

Hi, I have a 2003 350z and I broke my leg recently so it has been used about 6 times over a 6 week period (not by me), now I can drive again it seems that my battery is losing charge - I have to jump start if it's left for over a day or so. I get the starter clicking when I try and turn it over so I take it that I need a new battery, I have it on trickle charge now to see if this does anything. What type of battery do I need and what will it cost? I will probably just do it myself as only a few screws. Thanks

I plumped for a Bosch S4 (£87) recently from Euro Car Parts, seems to work fine, I had some other suggestions when I asked around:

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/79906-battery-dead-punishment-for-cheating-on-my-zed-advice-please/

Edit: £20 off them now d'oh!

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Nissan_350Z_3.5_2003/p/car-parts/car-electrics-and-car-lighting/electrical/car-battery/?444770057&1&74abf2b8ffbb747d626b1423951b60679aa5be26&000020

Edited by SuperStu

Got a Halfords Calcium battery (HC) around £70ish which is better than their lead acid (HB) type. Awesome charge it holds, can play the ICE loud and not have the engine running for a good couple of hours (impressive given the number of electronics boxes in my zed).

Cheers for replies- not got a multi meter to test, just seems strange that it has gone since I haven't been using it so often. Thanks for the suggestions I will have to have a look round, is there any minimum requirements you need for the zed? I know you get what you pay for so best to go for something half decent. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Just called Halfords and they said they can't get batteries for the 350Z, or there aren't any listed.... Tried my reg on their website and it said the same. I'm sure they've got one that fits...

Has anyone ordered one from Halfords? If so which one?

A bit of info that may be of interest.

My batt was flat after a few days so measured the drain while standing with the alarm activated at 0.7A I believe the standard batt is 52A/hr therefore a fully charged batt will be flat in 74 hrs, not very long

• Like 1

Just called Halfords and they said they can't get batteries for the 350Z, or there aren't any listed.... Tried my reg on their website and it said the same. I'm sure they've got one that fits...

Has anyone ordered one from Halfords? If so which one?

Tell them it's code HCB005 about £79 I think