Help!!!!

xStric9x

Hi all.

Somebody not far from me decided to take the zed shopping whilst i was at work,I came home to a really worried look on my partners face,to cut a long story short she has scuffed 1 alloy on a pavement :scare: ,so its going to need a refurb.

Anybody around the north west know anyone who is good at this? Don't want to have to travel to far though.

Any help would be appreciated :thumbs:

always used chipsaway and you get AA discount. Not had to use them on the Z touch wood

+1 on chipsaway. They did a bit of work on my Leon when my old dear scuffed the alloy. They had to send it away cos of the "special" coating (not sure it was special tbh!) but came back exactly as new. Was v impressed :thumbs:

Quotes of around £50 will be normal. Mine was £60 as it got sent away.

I wouldn't pay more than £50 for a RAYS wheel to be refurbed. :)

if its a proper Rays wheel, like the original £1000 extra ones, or the ones you now get for standard then you have to be careful. Due to the construction of the wheel, not all places can refurb. Something to do with the forging and material (I can't remember off the top of my head).....

The GT4 style wheels are much easier to repair......

So just check before you get them to do the work! :thumbs:

*Off topic*

Are the optional Rays wheels like I have on my 04 different to standard fit wheels on an 06 say?

On topic

My mate does it for £40 a wheel. I wouldn't have thought it would be much more than £50 quid but I haven't had them done!

Anyone know what paint is used on the Rays? I have a couple of scuffs that do not merit a refurb (yet) but having smoothed off the scuffs and then got bright alloy showing I was hoping to colour match with a suitable touch-up.

Well came back today after my wheel refurb and oh my.... B) .

Can't recommend this fella enough :thumbs:

Got there this morning about 9 ish and was told in detail every step of the job(this guy knows what he is talking about),feeling confident i went and got myself something to eat from the cafe and arrived back at the unit a few hours later,and WOW thats all i can say!!!.Its pointless me taking any pics as it just looks like a brand new wheel again.

Notice to mods....Is there any way we can put this guys site as a link on our front page?

Ps. Total price =£45

Well came back today after my wheel refurb and oh my.... B) .

Can't recommend this fella enough :thumbs:

Got there this morning about 9 ish and was told in detail every step of the job(this guy knows what he is talking about),feeling confident i went and got myself something to eat from the cafe and arrived back at the unit a few hours later,and WOW thats all i can say!!!.Its pointless me taking any pics as it just looks like a brand new wheel again.

Notice to mods....Is there any way we can put this guys site as a link on our front page?

Ps. Total price =£45

We only put people on front page who have arranged discounts with us!

But if he is that good, then post his details in this post and we'll add somewhere for reference.......

Unless you discussed arranging a discount for our members with him while you were there? ;)