Florida Help

Leosille

We liked the Outback Steakhouse on int dr , pitchers of beer and good food

We named Int dr the highway of tat , pretty accurate really , there is a nicer end and a not so nice end , you'll soon work it out

I heard it was run down looking place just so much to do there. Is the south end the not so great place?

the southern part is posher and quieter but not much choice in restaurants that are within walking distance so you can all enjoy a beer or two with your meal :)

https://www.google.c...1kw7KOVz8rQ!2e0 idrive entrance to rosen inn (formerly quailty inn international) and abc

https://www.google.c...yhFPiLLpmlQ!2e0 walgreens, the road at the side leads to golden corral as mentioned, cheap price buffet, some hate it, others love it :)

A big Buffett I think my bunch will love it lol, it doesn't look the most attractive of places haha don't think we will be staying in much. Jet skiing would be a must every holiday I just can't resist!

A big Buffett I think my bunch will love it lol, it doesn't look the most attractive of places haha don't think we will be staying in much. Jet skiing would be a must every holiday I just can't resist!

same as us, the rooms are clean and normally quiet which suits us and the room prices are pretty cheap :blush:

we always get up early, out all day, get back lateish have a few beers then crash out, then repeat, great holidays but very tiring B)

same as us, the rooms are clean and normally quiet which suits us and the room prices are pretty cheap :blush:

we always get up early, out all day, get back lateish have a few beers then crash out, then repeat, great holidays but very tiring B)

I think we're going to try go all day and party all night see how long that lasts lol

I think we're going to try go all day and party all night see how long that lasts lol

your young so i'll give you 5 days before you start flagging :lol: and give the nights a rest :blush:

and don't forget you ID when ordering drinks, i still get asked and i'm in my forties :surrender:

I also went in 1994. One place we found was Lake Okeechobee, the largest freshwater lake in Florida, built in the 1930's after a massive hurricane killed 100's of people. We actually saw several crocs there, really close up too :scare: and in the distance a massive thunderstorm was rolling across the lake...awesome. There's a place in Orlando called The Florida Mall for your shopping, well worth a visit. Weather should be O.K in May, go in July or August as I did means that most of the parks go into shutdown mode when the inevitable thunder storms rolls in any time from early afternoon onwards. Sadly about half of our theme park trips ended prematurely due to the weather. Space centre is a must too, I went twice and there was a shuttle on the pad ready to go.

Pete

I also went in 1994. One place we found was Lake Okeechobee, the largest freshwater lake in Florida, built in the 1930's after a massive hurricane killed 100's of people. We actually saw several crocs there, really close up too :scare: and in the distance a massive thunderstorm was rolling across the lake...awesome. There's a place in Orlando called The Florida Mall for your shopping, well worth a visit. Weather should be O.K in May, go in July or August as I did means that most of the parks go into shutdown mode when the inevitable thunder storms rolls in any time from early afternoon onwards. Sadly about half of our theme park trips ended prematurely due to the weather. Space centre is a must too, I went twice and there was a shuttle on the pad ready to go.

Pete

Fingers crossed the weather will be ok while we're out there, cannot contain my excitement for the parks

I'm going to Orlando International Drive on the 2nd of May with 5 mates, all in our early twenties and wondered if anyone had a recommendations for while were out there. We have the tickets for all the parks but don't know much about the nightlife, which restaurants are worth visiting or any other activities etc.

Thanks Ryan

What's wrong with Amsterdam? Something just a bit creepy about 5 young lads in there 20's going to a fun park! Haha.

We've done lots of lads holidays birds and booze, none of us have been Florida and we all think Alton Towers etc are the nuts so + the sun, the food, the parks, activities etc etc seemed the next obvious place :teeth:

I'm going to Orlando International Drive on the 2nd of May with 5 mates, all in our early twenties and wondered if anyone had a recommendations for while were out there. We have the tickets for all the parks but don't know much about the nightlife, which restaurants are worth visiting or any other activities etc.

Thanks Ryan

What's wrong with Amsterdam? Something just a bit creepy about 5 young lads in there 20's going to a fun park! Haha.

We've done lots of lads holidays birds and booze, none of us have been Florida and we all think Alton Towers etc are the nuts so + the sun, the food, the parks, activities etc etc seemed the next obvious place :teeth:

Only pulling your leg, have a great time!

should be around 30 degrees day time and around 20 ish at nite, with maybe some thunderstorms thrown in, going by accuweather :)

You'll love their parks :yahoo:

Yes, average May daytime temps are 31.5 and 20 at night. The main thing though is there's only rain on 7 days a month and when it rains it really rains. July and August aren't that much hotter by day, 33 , 26 at night but humidity is crippling and it rains 16 days a month. Going early in the season is the way forward, going later, September or October brings the slight risk of hurricanes, which can reach as far inland as Orlando. I'm not really into theme parks but Sea World was really good, so good we went twice, Wet'N'Wild was good fun too, but some of the others were so packed (and hot) that it was a blessed relief to get back to our hotel.

Pete

I've been out a few times I was worried about driving but its so laid back.

Eat at chilli's! Get the ribs with...some odd sounding glazing.

Oh god the food was good!

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

From what I've heard driving is fine. Only reason I never did it was because I was drinking nearly every day. Not an alcy or anything lol just drinks with meals

I shouldn't worry about driving there at all, its a breeze! Only things that may be a little difficult is getting used to driving an automatic if you're not used to it and making sure you don't forget you're driving on the wrong side of the road! You'll need a Sat Nav though!

Edited by pjf1985

Tolls roads I wasn't aware of them fingers crossed they're all sorted via the car rental company. 5 days now can't come quick enough!

You have to pay for your own toll charges but you can pay with cash as you pass them, a pre paid card is easier but personally wouldn't bother.