Rust on wheel arch

nath8642

Was just wondering if anybody knows what i should do. I have found a rust patch on the wheel arch about as big as a 1 pence piece. I was wondering what peopel recomend i do or if any one else has had this problem. Obviously my first thoughts would be to get it resprayed. If so does anyone know of any places near the Leeds/Pontefract area that do a good job at this and what the price range would be?

Thanks

Only sure fire way is to buy a new rear quarter (i'm assuming it's the rear) and have it replaced. The quarter will cost over £600 new and the labour will cost similar or more.

The problem with these is that the rear quarter is dual skinned. So, once the rust is in it, it's in it and no matter what you do, it's not going anywhere. I've have mine cut out and repaired twice, each time lasting about 6-8 months before showing again.

Only sure fire way is to buy a new rear quarter (i'm assuming it's the rear) and have it replaced. The quarter will cost over £600 new and the labour will cost similar or more.

The problem with these is that the rear quarter is dual skinned. So, once the rust is in it, it's in it and no matter what you do, it's not going anywhere. I've have mine cut out and repaired twice, each time lasting about 6-8 months before showing again.

That's bit crap

Did you have it sanded down to to bare metal and use bit of rust prevention stuff? (krust I think it is called)

I done that before on one of my previous cars that was good as new after that.

That's bit crap

Did you have it sanded down to to bare metal and use bit of rust prevention stuff? (krust I think it is called)

Maybe 350z being dual skinned there is no escape.

That's bit crap

It was brought back to the metal, yes, also a large section cut out around the rust and a new piece welded in, Waxoil was also sprayed inside the skin to try to hold back the rust from coming again.

Mine also showed rust on the wheel arch lip which looked more surface than anything. Noticed that the inner and outer panels were not coming flat together at the wheel arch lip which left small pockets and allowed dirt to accumulate. Masked the rusted bit off with tape, rubbed down to bear metal, cleaned out the trapped dirt, painted with cure rust, the sprayed over it. Job done at minimal cost, and can't see the repair, it's easy

I've got the same problem too and I've heard of other members with it as well. So common for sure.

I'm getting mine sprayed professionally for 160 quid. Like the guy said will depend what he sees when it's sanded back. If it's perforated and it's too big then probably a grand or a bit more for a new panel entirely. :(