Considering a return to the fold, but....

Hello again

Owned a 350z roadster 4 years ago and I've got this nagging feeling its time to get another :) Went from the Z to an Infiniti G37 convertible (not bad, but not brilliant) and currently have this FX50S which I'm loving (except when it comes to filling it up :scare: ):

52e1dace-7215-4307-a4d5-e311b8863abd_zpsea96f0e1.jpg

The Swiss have a great system where you can register 2 cars on the same number plate and just change it over depending on which one you feel like driving. 2 cars, 1 x car tax and a slight increase on the insurance. Perfect! Z hunting here we go!

So far so good... However, I've been trawling the Swiss car market for a couple of months now and I'm having no luck whatsoever. Can't find a latest model, low KM, well looked after 350 anywhere. Whilst looking around I came across this though, a May 2010 370:

256f920b-8595-4145-a26a-dba0d6895afb_zps01c8faaa.jpg

Didn't want a 370 if I'm honest as I've always preferred the 350 and the colour of this one also takes some getting used to! Le Mans blue so I'm told. Anyway, took it for a test drive today and the first thing I noticed is that either I've gotten bigger, or the 370 has less leg room than the 350!?! Is this a fact, or am I just imagining it having been driving a tank for the last year??? I'm over 6 foot but not that far over and I thought it was slightly uncomfortable...

Apart from that, it drives as I would expect a Z to drive although the exhaust seemed quite a bit quieter than I remember my 350. Also, the wheels need a tidy up and the drivers seat is a bit worn. Is the seat something that an be sorted easily? New cover or something? All in all, not too bad though....

The car was at a Nissan dealer being sold for a customer, so I've put an offer in anyway to see how far they'll come down and am just waiting for an answer now. Even if they do, I'll need to drive it again to make sure I won't end up crippled by the lack of legroom after driving it long distances.

Cheers!

Mark

btw if anyone knows of a decent 350 in Switzerland, please PM me! ;)

:welcome: back... Maybe

I haven't noticed the 370 is smaller than my 350 but you could be right, i did have a 4yr gap between them, it is 4'' smaller on the wheelbase but wider

I have the le mans, takes a bit of getting used to but is a nice colour

Maybe you need more time to play with the seat settings ? It's well commented on aspect of the 370 .., the exhaust is almost silent most people upgrade

Happy hunting

Yup 370 is smaller than the 350 re legroom. I'm over 6ft6 (2m) and it's definitely more cramped than my old 350 roadster. We lose about 2 inches to the coupe too. Still roof down and there is plenty of room.

And yes the stock exhaust on the 370 is blummin awful :)

Edited by Will370z

Thanks for the welcome backs! :)

This is starting to take shape now. He's dropped the price to what I wanted, thrown in a 45k service (30k mile?) and will put it through the Swiss equivent of an MOT. I'm going to test drive again tomorrow to see if I can live with the limited leg room issue.

Couple of questions though... The alloys have a bit of kerbing but also look like the paint has just worn out on the spokes in the middle of the wheels.. I was sure I saw somewhere this was a known issue and could be fixed by Nissan. I did try seaching but I'm obviously looking for the wrong thing. Anyone got any info on this?

Also, the drivers seat is looking a bit worn. Can just the seat cover be changed or am I looking at a bigger job?

Cheers!