370Z Cybox Exhaust - Cheap & Cheerful

mikeyb

Hi All,

Right I thought I would do a quick review and a videos of the Cybox Exhaust I bought for my 370Z

I was looking for a Cheap option to get some more noise and this did everything I wanted -

It cost £185 and basically a Replica of the AAM Competition Short Tails It makes a lovely noise. Don't get me wrong on a cold start it is loud and if you want to annoy your neighbours this will do the job on an early morning. But once it is warm its very quiet on idle, and you can drive it reasonable quiet at Low RPM but when you get over 3K RPM it starts to sound AWESOME. Once it is warm its loudest is about 4.5K RPM and sounds epic videos just don't do it justice.

When you really open the taps and give it the full beans you can't beat the feeling - I love this exhaust and can't believe it only cost £185

Here is a link to them - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NISSAN-370Z-STAINLESS-STEEL-EXHAUST-TAIL-SECTIONS-REPLACES-BACK-BOX-/271297960396?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f2a9e59cc

Here is a picture of the tips

1622664_10151868113432161_2114900348_n_zps9661b0b2.jpg

Do you recon you could get small inline silencers put onto these pipes to make it quieter to use as a daily.

I used to have a k1 on my 350z and only ever used it with the bungs fitted. Swapped it for a k2 in the end and that was perfect.

I'd love to get the same sort of sound and volume as that on my 370z.

Edited by lukeaJones

I contacted Cybox a while back to see whether they had anything similar for the 350z. They didn't, but did say if I could get the car up to them they'd see what they could do. Might be worthwhile for someone looking for cheap exhaust noise.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just how loud are these with an otherwise stock exhaust system? It's hard to tell via video on a cheap laptop speaker. I'm used to loud exhausts (my Celica GT4 runs a 3" system turbo-back with only the back box) but I'm really not looking for that sort of volume (I've still got that if I want to drive for hours with a headache!) - I'd like a system that just enhances what's there a little more, rather than basts the neighbourhood and sounds like the lad over the road with a fiesta with no exhaust!

I think they're supposed to be pretty loud. Whether that's a problem probably depends on your circumstances - if my Stillen and HFCs are anything to go by you get the most volume on a cold start. I don't think my set up is especially loud when it's warmed up but the sound on start up probably wouldn't make me very popular with the neighbours if the car was my daily driver. :)

• 1 month later...

i also have this exhaust and was looking to decat i dont think this exhaust is loud at all not compare to some exhausts iv heard at meets and for the price you cant complain has minimum drone also.

Are you deaf? :lol: Mine was crazy loud...the GF sat in it for all of 10 metres and was like 'This has to go'. I tried to convince her it would quieten down but after a day of shifting at 2k and it still being loud I couldn't even convince myself.

Was a hoot for the one last run I had in the evening with it though B)

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I'm glad I found this thread. I've got some brand new ones sitting at home and have seen your video online before I joined the forum. I'm very tempted to have them fitted (the previous owner never got round to fitting them) but wary of how loud they might be as I don't want my neighbours to resent me or the car.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I love the Cybox exhaust. Best sound improvement for the money. Even a muffler delete would cost about as much as this exhaust.

Cold start - very loud and deep note, just what you want

Slow driving at lowish revs you get a nice deep note thats not intrusive, also dropping down a gear with SynchroRev turned on sounds amazing. I do most of my driving like Miss Daisy now since I dont need to boot it to hear it.

At mid revs with a heavy foot it can be a bit too loud but if you dont need loud at the time you just ease off or change gear.

If you want to really scream then high revs and a heavy foot will wake up everyone (ive set a car alarm off with mine accidentally).

Cruising at motorway speed it almost sounds stock. Ive heard people complain about drone but there is zero drone from this exhaust if you are just cruising and maintaining speed. It only gets loud on the motorway when you are accelerating.

The best thing about this exhaust is how deep the sound is. And of course the price. I honestly dont see how anyone could have a bad word to say about the Cybox when you consider the difference it makes for the price it costs.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Bit of a bump but best place to ask.

Pick up a brand new Z next week, the only system I've found locally is Remus so far, what's the feedback on these tail pipes as it stands?

I've already asked them about shipping costs to Dubai, the pipes are so cheap it's probably worth a gamble. Remus is around 650 quid, Akrapovic from the same place is out of stock but they are usually silly money

Car wouldn't need to have our version of an MOT for at least 24 months, the authorities here get funny some times about after market exhausts, I had to remove a Borla system on my Mustang after 4 years.

Only thing I'm hesitant on is motorway drone/noise at constant revs, a lot of long straight drives to places here where cruise control saves you a fortune in speeding fines.