Broke down Friday night !!

Payco

Not a good start to my weekend. Drove home from East Grinstead at 5pm Friday, reached Haywards Heath - 10 miles away when my tempreture gauge maxed out and the engine management light came on, car speed dropped to next to nothing. Pulled over to find that there was coolant running out the front underside of the car. Called the AA who refilled my radiator and checked for leaks which we couldnt find. Started her up and she seemed fine so we drove her to the Nissan main dealer two miles down the road in my village. Tempreture gauge was normal on the drive and no more leaks. With Nissan today to trace the problem which i hope is only a split coolant hose or something along these lines. Has this happened to anyone else ?.

Big thanks to Zippypooz (Steve) for coming to my rescure with his AA membership...

Payco

Just the strange thing is, you filled it back up, drove to the garage, so the water had time to circulate, and still no leaks found?

I've had split hoses before etc, none to make the car speed drop to a hault. Maybe it's different in the Z.

As Will said hopefully it is something small, maybe the Rad didn't cut in? and so the water was doing over time ?

Thanks for all the feedback. Just had a call from Nissan to say its looks like a loose hose..They are pressure testing it now for me and will then call to confirm its all fixed. Bad news is its taken them 3 hours and we all know what their hourly labout cost is. Expecting a £300+ bill. Trying to take the positives out of it though...

Payco

• Like 1

Thanks for all the feedback. Just had a call from Nissan to say its looks like a loose hose..They are pressure testing it now for me and will then call to confirm its all fixed. Bad news is its taken them 3 hours and we all know what their hourly labout cost is. Expecting a £300+ bill. Trying to take the positives out of it though...

Payco

3 Hours!?! :surrender: Buster and Keyser could have a hole engine out by then ;)

Payco

3 hours and £300 to find a loose hose. complete rip off. :scare:

I agree, very painful. Could have taken it to an indie I guess but she's my pride and joy and the Nissan dealer was the nearest point on Friday night and they also locked her up indoors all weekend. I havent had the call with the bill yet so it could be more !!. Trying to be positive. Saw a post from another member who had his car wrecked by an arse in a Tescos car park so I cant complain really. Well i could easily actually but you know where i am coming from. Lager glass half full not half empty..

Payco

Probably, we know they are rip off merchants but as I say I wanted it diagnosed by the so called experts and no chances taken. Staying positive as i said others have had much worse misfortunes than me.

Payco