What oil? What petrol?

chris k

What oil would be the best for the z? Does everyone use super unleaded or just unleaded?

Lots of info on here regarding oil, you need to to do a search, but Silkolene Pro S and Amsoil spring to mind. Petrol.........most use super unleaded i guess i always do and once again Shell v-power, bp ultimate and Tesco 99 ron spring to mind. :thumbs:

If by cheap stuff you mean 95 RON I can assure you that the engine will run perfectly fine and it is designed to cope with 95RON all that will happen you will loose around 10bhp, but in every day running this is not really noticeable.

If by cheap stuff you mean Tesco Stuff ( supermarkets fuel) I can't vouch for them after seeing the carry on with tesco and silicon on the fuel...

but i have not had any issues in the time i have been using Tesco 99,,, and this is cheaper and better "RON-age" than BP ultimate (RON 97)

I used to put sainsburys standard unleaded in my Type R - can I put this in the Z then? As for losing 10bhp - don't think that matters too much when you do a steady 45mph to work and back with one small 2 minute blast of speed each way on the only clear bit!

I used to put sainsburys standard unleaded in my Type R - can I put this in the Z then? As for losing 10bhp - don't think that matters too much when you do a steady 45mph to work and back with one small 2 minute blast of speed each way on the only clear bit!

Be nice to your baby. It only costs an extra few quid to have the good stuff :thumbs:

I'll always be using good stuff now as my work have just confirmed my base office is now offically my house, so they pay for all my mileage :yahoo: Didnt used to get about 1/3 of it paid as I had to pay from home to base office.

mm, you're probably right. Not sure what the difference works out at on about 250 miles a week but it's probably not worth bothering about.

I do 300 miles a week for work and it made no real noticable difference coming from my Leon (35MPG/95RON) to my Zed (30MPG/99RON), maybe a few quid.

Treat your baby well and she will look after you :teeth:

I use Tesco 99 mainly but sometimes use BP Ultimate and sometimes but least often V-power. Their is only slight difference between the three. I never put anything in less than 97. When i first got the Z i did put 95 in as i was in an unfamilar place and it ran like a dog.

Ive done 21k miles in a year too.

There is a definite difference between 95 & higher RON ratings, at least that's what I've found.

I've been running mine for most of its life on Amsoil 5W 30 from oilman on here. Great stuff, certainly recommend it :thumbs: