Just been to price up an 07 Zed!

letank87

Sod the fact that I'm supposed to be thinking about selling my zed in order to buy a house............. I've just discovered that the 07MY Zed is now included on the Nissan employee purchase scheme and I'm entitled to a whopping £5k off the list price!!! :teeth:

After some quick calcs at work, I worked out that I could save about £150 p/m by driving a new zed on PCP as opposed to repaying the loan on my 4 year old model! Needless to say, I went straight to the dealer after work to find out if this was too good to be true!!!!

To cut a long story short, it was! My calcs were quite a bit out to say the least! :blush: The figure that Nissan use as a GFV (guaranteed future value) after 3 years was only £11.5k, a good couple of grand less than I thought!!!! This mean't that I would have to finance the difference over the first 3 years, making the payments pretty similar to my loan and putting all my plans to an abrubt stop! Shame, because we all know that 3 year old zeds are worth a good few grand more than that, and therefore I shouldn't have to finance so much in the first place! Ok, so a totally new zed being released in two years time won't help matters, but as far as I'm concerned, I'd only want it for a year anyway!

I might have a look into getting a loan over the longest period possible and paying it back when I sell the car in a year. That way, I can reduce my loan payments but still drive a zed, buy a house, and still not lose out when I come to sell because my discount + monthly repayments should cover the depreciation!!!!! :wacko:

I'd appreciate any thoughts to how I might be able to make this work out for me if you have any?????

Surely the guaranteed 11.5 k is the worst case scenario... I mean a 3 year old UK spec car sells for 15-17k right?

this means you could sell it yourself and get the extra 5 grand profit in your pocket after you pay the 11.5 back to Nissan... is this correct? (sorry not very smart with loans and stuff like that...) :blush:

Surely the guaranteed 11.5 k is the worst case scenario... I mean a 3 year old UK spec car sells for 15-17k right?

this means you could sell it yourself and get the extra 5 grand profit in your pocket after you pay the 11.5 back to Nissan... is this correct? (sorry not very smart with loans and stuff like that...) :blush:

Yeah that's right, but the problem is that I can't afford my monthly payments on top of a mortgage, so I'd rather make no or little profit and pay less per month to begin with! :blush:

If the finances work out better for you to get a new 350z and have small payments each month and get a house, i say do it. Howeverdont stretch yourself too much. Im going to ge tmy place, wait about 6 months then look to get another zed as i want to know my outgoings each month and make sure i can afford it.

That's true ... the amount of pissy little expenses when yuo move in are unbelievable... no matter how well you plan it...

Painting and decorating.? you want some curtains?... that will be 100 quid... and so on...then B&Q will become your best mate... not "www.nismoparts.con" :p

If you can't keep it....sell your steed, buy the house, wait six months and get the employee discount and resurge in the forum in Jan'08 with a 07 MY like a phoenix soaring high into the Post whoring heights of the forum (aka sarnies, lomotos', Sl114 etc...) :teeth::p

That's true ... the amount of pissy little expenses when yuo move in are unbelievable... no matter how well you plan it...

Painting and decorating.? you want some curtains?... that will be 100 quid... and so on...then B&Q will become your best mate... not "www.nismoparts.con" :p

If you can't keep it....sell your steed, buy the house, wait six months and get the employee discount and resurge in the forum in Jan'08 with a 07 MY like a phoenix soaring high into the Post whoring heights of the forum (aka sarnies, lomotos', Sl114 etc...) :teeth::p

TBH, that is exactly what i am doing, however im not getting a new one, ill get an import over, most probably an S as i will change the seats (retrim) and sort out the stereo and do a load of mods. :thumbs:

As for t he post whoring, you know it :thumbs:

Where's this through Danny?

http://www.contracthireandleasing.com/cars/Nissan/350Z/

Second offer:

NISSAN 350Z - LATEST DIRECT FROM WEST WAY NISSAN. 350Z 3.5V6 313PS 2007 FACELIFT - GET THE GT FOR ONLY £369.00

18 MONTHS SPECIAL OFFER. GENUINE OFFER FROM FRANCHISED NISSAN DEALER. LATEST UK FACTORY STOCK WITH NO HIDDEN CHARGES OR DOC FEES. £2199.00 + vat in advance, 10kpa. non maintained. ALL RENTALS ARE SUBJECT TO VAT. JUST ADD VAT FOR PCH RATES. METALLIC PAINT FREE OF CHARGE & PART EXCHANGE WELCOME PHONE SARAH TARE ON 0845 344 1487 OR E-MIAL THE LINK PROVIDED FOR TAILORED QUOTES, AVAILABILITY UPDATES & THE FASTEST CREDIT DECISIONS.REMEBER THIS IS THE LATEST MODEL. WE HAVE AN UNLIMITED NUMBER OF VEHICLES AVAILABLE.

Mine's on a PCP. £5k down 2 years ago and about ~£550 month. Just about to chop it in for an '07 and I reckon it'll cost me <£2k to swap.

My advice is to leave the calculator alone and go for it. The Z residuals are still pretty good and just look what you'll be driving :D