Sticky front plate.

Mike k-g

These from this eBay site are not legal for street use as stated on their site see below,

All plates are sold as "show use" and/or "off road use" and intended for Track Days, Car Shows etc, therefore we cannot be held responsible for illegal use of these plates on the road.

How ever I know some who have them fitted, you are suggested to go to Gov site that's as clear as porridge.

But clearly he never received from you proof as described in law to prevent false number plates being made? However it shows that no ones interested least of all the law in enforcing this area. However it does look much better than the standard set up. ;):thumbs:.

I got a sticky reflective plate made up on my zed before I sold it. Always kept a set of proper plates in the boot in case plod stopped me I could use the old 'just been to a show swapping them back now Sir' excuse, but in 6 months no one stopped me. To be honest its not that easy to spot one that is made up to the correct size vs a normal plate.

I got one of them vinyl reflective number plates...got it off eBay. Also messaged seller with my own size and he made it to size. Had it on for 2 years, no problem :)

photo_zps9d8e8022.jpg

Thats much better. TBH. dont care if its illegal.

Just get a normal plate cut down to the smallest required size to keep it legal, and stick directly to the bumper with sticky foam. Looks much better than using the plastic mount, and is totally legal as there is no minimum size, just needs a 1cm clear border around the letters.

I guess it depends where you live, but in the past I've been stopped pretty quickly for non compliant plates, none of which were far off the requirements.

Thanks :) front end is "destroyed" tho :( going into body shop this month, so all good I suppose lol

Was it your driving?

You missed that parking bay by a good few feet :p:lol:

:sorry:

:surrender:

Edited by Keyser

Thanks :) front end is "destroyed" tho :( going into body shop this month, so all good I suppose lol

Was it your driving?

You missed that parking bay by a good few feet :p:lol:

:sorry:

:surrender:

Was trying to copy you :lol:

I got one of them vinyl reflective number plates...got it off eBay. Also messaged seller with my own size and he made it to size. Had it on for 2 years, no problem :)

photo_zps9d8e8022.jpg

If you don't mind vlad, what size did you request? It looks perfect and exactly what I'm after